Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini New CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Released for February [Full Installation Guide]
By Ryan Inoyori | February 19, 2014 11:25 AM EST
February New Release
New release from CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has been posted at Maclaw Studio and is still a stable version. It is available since February 17 and recommended to be flashed on the smartphone via TWRP custom recovery
Some of the changes include updated CM sources, Odin package update and huge overall RIL improvements for the Galaxy S3 Mini. Owners who are using CM 10.1, 10.2, 11 versions or migrating my Oliver's CM don't need to perform any cleaning or wiping, simply flash the firmware directly.
- 2D and 3D hardware acceleration
- Working audio on microphone, headphones and speakers
- GPS and A-GPS with GLONASS
- Compass and all sensors are working
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 low energy with A2DP support
- All native tethering in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB are working
- CM 11 functionality
- Sleep mode for CPU
- MTP storage support
- YouTube HQ
- Native 64 GB external SD card support
- Camera and video functions
- Offline charging
- New drivers for wireless radios and sensors
- No 1 GHz bug
- Linaro toolchain build
- Odin flashable
As usual, this version is stable without any known bugs according to the developer.
1. Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini only for this custom ROM.
2. Root and install the TWRP custom recovery on the smartphone.
3. Manually backup all of personal information, settings and data files stored on the device.
4. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent before flashing the ROM.
5. Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Application > Development" or "Settings > Developer Options" depending on your current OS version.
Warning: CyanogenMod 11 requires manual installation and we are not responsible for any damages which may occur on your Galaxy S3 Mini. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid any errors to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the CyanogenMod 11 build and Google Apps package to the SD card of the device. No need to extract any of the zip files.
3. Turn off the smartphone. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
4. Create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." You may restore the saved ROM anytime you wish to.
5. Perform a full wipe. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
6. Install the CM 11 Android 4.4.2. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > search for the zip file > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
7. After the installation, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
8. Wait for at least five minutes till the device reaches the home screen.
If you find any bugs or issues, please send your feedback to Maclaw Studios Web page for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate