Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini New CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Released for February [Full Installation Guide]
By Ryan Inoyori | February 19, 2014 11:25 AM EST
February New Release
New release from CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has been posted at Maclaw Studio and is still a stable version. It is available since February 17 and recommended to be flashed on the smartphone via TWRP custom recovery
Some of the changes include updated CM sources, Odin package update and huge overall RIL improvements for the Galaxy S3 Mini. Owners who are using CM 10.1, 10.2, 11 versions or migrating my Oliver's CM don't need to perform any cleaning or wiping, simply flash the firmware directly.
- 2D and 3D hardware acceleration
- Working audio on microphone, headphones and speakers
- GPS and A-GPS with GLONASS
- Compass and all sensors are working
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 low energy with A2DP support
- All native tethering in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB are working
- CM 11 functionality
- Sleep mode for CPU
- MTP storage support
- YouTube HQ
- Native 64 GB external SD card support
- Camera and video functions
- Offline charging
- New drivers for wireless radios and sensors
- No 1 GHz bug
- Linaro toolchain build
- Odin flashable
As usual, this version is stable without any known bugs according to the developer.
1. Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini only for this custom ROM.
2. Root and install the TWRP custom recovery on the smartphone.
3. Manually backup all of personal information, settings and data files stored on the device.
4. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent before flashing the ROM.
5. Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Application > Development" or "Settings > Developer Options" depending on your current OS version.
Warning: CyanogenMod 11 requires manual installation and we are not responsible for any damages which may occur on your Galaxy S3 Mini. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid any errors to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the CyanogenMod 11 build and Google Apps package to the SD card of the device. No need to extract any of the zip files.
3. Turn off the smartphone. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
4. Create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." You may restore the saved ROM anytime you wish to.
5. Perform a full wipe. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
6. Install the CM 11 Android 4.4.2. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > search for the zip file > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
7. After the installation, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
8. Wait for at least five minutes till the device reaches the home screen.
If you find any bugs or issues, please send your feedback to Maclaw Studios Web page for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air