‘Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,’ Success or Flop?
By Maychelle Ornos | February 19, 2014 11:22 AM EST
The premiere for "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" last Monday night, February 17 in New York City by NBC with the new host, Jimmy Fallon, was eagerly awaited by many fans and critics alike of the show. Jimmy Fallon who succeeded after Jay Leno in hosting the "The Tonight Show" and many are watching his every move as he takes the limelight from the former host.
Late night talk show hosts Jay Leno (L) and Jimmy Fallon pose backstage at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California, January 13, 2013.
"The Tonight Show" from NBC was started in 1954 and is considered as the longest running entertainment program in the United States, according to Wikipedia. The previous hosts of the said show were Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and Fallon. The hosting job for this late night talk show is one of the most talked about and argued.
Taking this job is a big thing for Fallon, especially since he has been hosting the "Late Night Show." He is also a member of the "Saturday Night Live" which gives him credibility in taking this new hosting job. After the premiere, what did viewers and critics think of the new host? There are several reviews online and some were good while others just okay.
One of the highlights if the show was when Fallon turned to the camera and said "To my buddy who said I'd never host The Tonight Show. You owe me a hundred bucks." It was the cue for the parade of several celebrities who handed him $100 dollars as if they really lost a bet with him.
The celebrities who made an appearance in this premiere night were Robert De Niro, Tina Fey, Joe Namath (football player), Rudy Giuliani (former mayor of New York), Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga, Lindsay Lohan, Kim Kardashians, Joan Rivers and many others. Last but definitely not the least was his timeslot rival Stephen Colbert who was caught saying "Welcome to 11:30, b*tch," according to the the Entertainment Weekly.
He presented himself like he couldn't believe he is already hosting the show and keeps himself humble. He's not as old as Leno and not as wacky as O'Brien but if Fallon plays his cards just right, he might be able to keep this hosting stint longer than his predecessors
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed