‘Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,’ Success or Flop?
By Maychelle Ornos | February 19, 2014 11:22 AM EST
The premiere for "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" last Monday night, February 17 in New York City by NBC with the new host, Jimmy Fallon, was eagerly awaited by many fans and critics alike of the show. Jimmy Fallon who succeeded after Jay Leno in hosting the "The Tonight Show" and many are watching his every move as he takes the limelight from the former host.
Late night talk show hosts Jay Leno (L) and Jimmy Fallon pose backstage at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California, January 13, 2013.
"The Tonight Show" from NBC was started in 1954 and is considered as the longest running entertainment program in the United States, according to Wikipedia. The previous hosts of the said show were Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and Fallon. The hosting job for this late night talk show is one of the most talked about and argued.
Taking this job is a big thing for Fallon, especially since he has been hosting the "Late Night Show." He is also a member of the "Saturday Night Live" which gives him credibility in taking this new hosting job. After the premiere, what did viewers and critics think of the new host? There are several reviews online and some were good while others just okay.
One of the highlights if the show was when Fallon turned to the camera and said "To my buddy who said I'd never host The Tonight Show. You owe me a hundred bucks." It was the cue for the parade of several celebrities who handed him $100 dollars as if they really lost a bet with him.
The celebrities who made an appearance in this premiere night were Robert De Niro, Tina Fey, Joe Namath (football player), Rudy Giuliani (former mayor of New York), Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga, Lindsay Lohan, Kim Kardashians, Joan Rivers and many others. Last but definitely not the least was his timeslot rival Stephen Colbert who was caught saying "Welcome to 11:30, b*tch," according to the the Entertainment Weekly.
He presented himself like he couldn't believe he is already hosting the show and keeps himself humble. He's not as old as Leno and not as wacky as O'Brien but if Fallon plays his cards just right, he might be able to keep this hosting stint longer than his predecessors
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares