‘Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,’ Success or Flop?
By Maychelle Ornos | February 19, 2014 11:22 AM EST
The premiere for "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" last Monday night, February 17 in New York City by NBC with the new host, Jimmy Fallon, was eagerly awaited by many fans and critics alike of the show. Jimmy Fallon who succeeded after Jay Leno in hosting the "The Tonight Show" and many are watching his every move as he takes the limelight from the former host.
Late night talk show hosts Jay Leno (L) and Jimmy Fallon pose backstage at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California, January 13, 2013.
"The Tonight Show" from NBC was started in 1954 and is considered as the longest running entertainment program in the United States, according to Wikipedia. The previous hosts of the said show were Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and Fallon. The hosting job for this late night talk show is one of the most talked about and argued.
Taking this job is a big thing for Fallon, especially since he has been hosting the "Late Night Show." He is also a member of the "Saturday Night Live" which gives him credibility in taking this new hosting job. After the premiere, what did viewers and critics think of the new host? There are several reviews online and some were good while others just okay.
One of the highlights if the show was when Fallon turned to the camera and said "To my buddy who said I'd never host The Tonight Show. You owe me a hundred bucks." It was the cue for the parade of several celebrities who handed him $100 dollars as if they really lost a bet with him.
The celebrities who made an appearance in this premiere night were Robert De Niro, Tina Fey, Joe Namath (football player), Rudy Giuliani (former mayor of New York), Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga, Lindsay Lohan, Kim Kardashians, Joan Rivers and many others. Last but definitely not the least was his timeslot rival Stephen Colbert who was caught saying "Welcome to 11:30, b*tch," according to the the Entertainment Weekly.
He presented himself like he couldn't believe he is already hosting the show and keeps himself humble. He's not as old as Leno and not as wacky as O'Brien but if Fallon plays his cards just right, he might be able to keep this hosting stint longer than his predecessors
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories