Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Stable Version Gets Updated for February [Full Guide]
By Ryan Inoyori | February 19, 2014 11:05 AM EST
New release of CyanogenMod 11 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been released for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and remains stable with no known bugs. In addition to default KitKat features, you can customise and control several aspects of the smartphone such as processor and apps.
CyanogenMod 11 February Firmware
New release of CyanogenMod 11 via Maclaw Studio has been posted for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. It was released on February 17th which can be flashed using any recovery including stock version.
It remains a stable version with updates of CyanogenMod sources and major RIL improvements of the firmware for the device.
- 2D/3D hardware acceleration
- Audio output via speakers, headphones and microphone
- A-GPS and GPS with GLONASS
- Compass and sensors are working
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with A2DP
- All native tethering using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB
- CM 11 functions
- CPU sleep mode
- MTP storage function
- YouTube HQ
- Camera and video playback
- Working storages
- Offline charging
- Backlight notification support
- Built via Linaro toolchain
- Can be flashed via Odin tool
- Overclocking and undervolting
Like with the previous release, no known bugs have been found.
1. You must flash this custom ROM to the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 only.
2. Root and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery on the smartphone. But you can use the stock recovery if you desire to.
3. Create a manual backup of data files stored on the device.
4. Make sure that the battery life is at least 50 per cent.
5. Enable USB debugging mode.
Warning: CyanogenMod 11 requires manual installation and we are not responsible for any damages which may occur on your Galaxy Ace 2. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid any errors to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.2 firmware and Google Apps package to the SD card of the device. Don't extract any of the zip files.
3. Turn off the smartphone then reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
4. Create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." You may restore the older ROM anytime.
5. Perform a full wipe by selecting "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
6. Install the CM 11 Android 4.4.2 by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > search for the zip file > confirm installation." Apply the same method on Google Apps zip file.
7. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
8. Wait for at least five minutes till the device reaches the home screen.
If your Galaxy Ace 2 is running a previous CyanogenMod firmware, simply flash the ROM.
If you find any bugs or issues, send your feedback to Maclaw Studios Web page for Galaxy Ace 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid