Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Stable Version Gets Updated for February [Full Guide]
By Ryan Inoyori | February 19, 2014 11:05 AM EST
New release of CyanogenMod 11 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been released for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and remains stable with no known bugs. In addition to default KitKat features, you can customise and control several aspects of the smartphone such as processor and apps.
CyanogenMod 11 February Firmware
New release of CyanogenMod 11 via Maclaw Studio has been posted for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. It was released on February 17th which can be flashed using any recovery including stock version.
It remains a stable version with updates of CyanogenMod sources and major RIL improvements of the firmware for the device.
- 2D/3D hardware acceleration
- Audio output via speakers, headphones and microphone
- A-GPS and GPS with GLONASS
- Compass and sensors are working
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with A2DP
- All native tethering using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB
- CM 11 functions
- CPU sleep mode
- MTP storage function
- YouTube HQ
- Camera and video playback
- Working storages
- Offline charging
- Backlight notification support
- Built via Linaro toolchain
- Can be flashed via Odin tool
- Overclocking and undervolting
Like with the previous release, no known bugs have been found.
1. You must flash this custom ROM to the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 only.
2. Root and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery on the smartphone. But you can use the stock recovery if you desire to.
3. Create a manual backup of data files stored on the device.
4. Make sure that the battery life is at least 50 per cent.
5. Enable USB debugging mode.
Warning: CyanogenMod 11 requires manual installation and we are not responsible for any damages which may occur on your Galaxy Ace 2. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid any errors to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.2 firmware and Google Apps package to the SD card of the device. Don't extract any of the zip files.
3. Turn off the smartphone then reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
4. Create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." You may restore the older ROM anytime.
5. Perform a full wipe by selecting "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
6. Install the CM 11 Android 4.4.2 by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > search for the zip file > confirm installation." Apply the same method on Google Apps zip file.
7. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
8. Wait for at least five minutes till the device reaches the home screen.
If your Galaxy Ace 2 is running a previous CyanogenMod firmware, simply flash the ROM.
If you find any bugs or issues, send your feedback to Maclaw Studios Web page for Galaxy Ace 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit