Tessanne Chin: 'The Voice' Season 5 Winner Signs New Deal With ICM Partners
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 19, 2014 10:41 AM EST
"The Voice" Season 5 winner Tessanne Chin is currently busy working on her debut album with Universal Republic Records set to be released later this 2014. However, the Hollywood Reporter claims the 28-year-old Jamaican recording artist has signed a new deal with ICM Partners known for representing music artists worldwide like Beyonce and Eminem.
Tessanne's sister, Tami Chin Mitchell, and attorney Sandra Brown also manages the singer's growing career in the music industry. According to the UrbanIslandz.com report, Tessanne Chin has been working most of the time in the studio to record songs for her upcoming album after winning "The Voice" Season 5 in December 2013.
Team Adam member Tessanne Chin has been a front runner in the competition ever since her four-chair turn in the blind audition last September 2013. Ms Chin stayed at the number one spot on the iTunes singles chart twice with her impressive performance on Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and Whitney Houston's classic hit single "I Have Nothing."
The Miami New Times blog had Tessane Chin reveal that music has always been a part of her life and her passion for music contributes to her success. "Music was always a part of my life. It's very much a part of my DNA," the powerful singer revealed to Crossfade during an interview.
When asked on what is the biggest lesson that she learned from her "Voice" coach Adam Levine, Tessanne Chin shared that it is always find a connection with the song because that is how the song connects to the audience. The singer further added: "I also learned to create moments. That's the one [lesson] I'll take with me forever. It's not just a song, you have to create a moment, create something that's memorable. One of the best bits of advice was to not think about winning or losing as a competition, just go out there and sing."
As for her victory in "The Voice" Season 5, Ms Chin admitted that she never expected to win and finds it hard to say that she wants to win because of the respect she has with the other contenders. "I never expected to win. I'd hoped, but at this point, you get to love the people you're competing against. I love Jacquie and Will. It was hard to say I wanna win because you respect the people to your left and right. I didn't know what to expect. That's completely honest," Ms Chin admitted.
More Articles to Read:
Jackie Chan Congratulated Prince William For South Pole Trek Instead of Prince Harry, Royal Prince Politely Corrected Chinese Actor on Mix Up - [READ]
Chris Evans: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Actor To Give The 'Start Your Engines' Command as Daytona 500 Grand Marshal on February 23 - [READ]
Daniella Pineda: Killed Off 'The Originals' Actress Portraying Witch Sophie Deveraux Moves On with a New TV Role in NBC's Pilot Drama 'Odyssey' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2