Tessanne Chin: 'The Voice' Season 5 Winner Signs New Deal With ICM Partners
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 19, 2014 10:41 AM EST
"The Voice" Season 5 winner Tessanne Chin is currently busy working on her debut album with Universal Republic Records set to be released later this 2014. However, the Hollywood Reporter claims the 28-year-old Jamaican recording artist has signed a new deal with ICM Partners known for representing music artists worldwide like Beyonce and Eminem.
Tessanne's sister, Tami Chin Mitchell, and attorney Sandra Brown also manages the singer's growing career in the music industry. According to the UrbanIslandz.com report, Tessanne Chin has been working most of the time in the studio to record songs for her upcoming album after winning "The Voice" Season 5 in December 2013.
Team Adam member Tessanne Chin has been a front runner in the competition ever since her four-chair turn in the blind audition last September 2013. Ms Chin stayed at the number one spot on the iTunes singles chart twice with her impressive performance on Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and Whitney Houston's classic hit single "I Have Nothing."
The Miami New Times blog had Tessane Chin reveal that music has always been a part of her life and her passion for music contributes to her success. "Music was always a part of my life. It's very much a part of my DNA," the powerful singer revealed to Crossfade during an interview.
When asked on what is the biggest lesson that she learned from her "Voice" coach Adam Levine, Tessanne Chin shared that it is always find a connection with the song because that is how the song connects to the audience. The singer further added: "I also learned to create moments. That's the one [lesson] I'll take with me forever. It's not just a song, you have to create a moment, create something that's memorable. One of the best bits of advice was to not think about winning or losing as a competition, just go out there and sing."
As for her victory in "The Voice" Season 5, Ms Chin admitted that she never expected to win and finds it hard to say that she wants to win because of the respect she has with the other contenders. "I never expected to win. I'd hoped, but at this point, you get to love the people you're competing against. I love Jacquie and Will. It was hard to say I wanna win because you respect the people to your left and right. I didn't know what to expect. That's completely honest," Ms Chin admitted.
More Articles to Read:
Jackie Chan Congratulated Prince William For South Pole Trek Instead of Prince Harry, Royal Prince Politely Corrected Chinese Actor on Mix Up - [READ]
Chris Evans: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Actor To Give The 'Start Your Engines' Command as Daytona 500 Grand Marshal on February 23 - [READ]
Daniella Pineda: Killed Off 'The Originals' Actress Portraying Witch Sophie Deveraux Moves On with a New TV Role in NBC's Pilot Drama 'Odyssey' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899