Sochi 2014: Unbelievable Final Shot of Skip David Murdoch Sends Great Britain’s Men Curling Team into the Semifinals
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 19, 2014 10:30 AM EST
The men's curling team of Great Britain made sure that they didn't miss the chance to join the last four of the said Olympic event.
The Brits beat the Norwegians on Tuesday by only point with a final score of 6-5. Skip David Murdoch had an unbelievable concluding shot, taking away two of Norway's stones and scoring a double, ultimately making the team reach the semifinals. Its female counterpart has already made it to the semifinals after beating the host nation Russia on Monday.
No one can neither debate nor argue that Murdoch's tie-breaker shot was one of the best shots that people have ever witnessed, and Murdoch thinks so too.
"It will certainly go up there as one of my best shots ever," Murdoch told BBC.
"It's just tremendous, it's great to be in the semifinals," he added.
Murdoch was just happy with how the game turned out. He said that his team had fantastic supporters through the week, which is probably a good thing, and he pushed them to keep going through.
"That game was absolutely incredible."
According to Murdoch, the team just weighed the odds and identify their chances. They balanced the pros and cons and put aside unwarranted fears to try to win the game. It worked for them. He said that they weren't really worried on playing shots like that because they knew that it was a ticket of getting into the semifinals.
"I just had to trust myself and have the courage to go for it."
"We never think about failure as a team, we only think about winning."
Great Britain will face Sweden on the semifinals match on Wednesday. This would be the second time that the two countries will compete against each other. The Swedish were victorious in their first match, but the British are confident about getting off on the right foot.
"We've got a good record against Sweden," said Murdoch.
"They've had an extra days rest but you can see now we're really coming on to our game."
Murdoch is the brother of Olympic curling coach Nancy Murdoch and former European curling champion Neil Murdoch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery