Sochi 2014: Unbelievable Final Shot of Skip David Murdoch Sends Great Britain’s Men Curling Team into the Semifinals
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 19, 2014 10:30 AM EST
The men's curling team of Great Britain made sure that they didn't miss the chance to join the last four of the said Olympic event.
The Brits beat the Norwegians on Tuesday by only point with a final score of 6-5. Skip David Murdoch had an unbelievable concluding shot, taking away two of Norway's stones and scoring a double, ultimately making the team reach the semifinals. Its female counterpart has already made it to the semifinals after beating the host nation Russia on Monday.
No one can neither debate nor argue that Murdoch's tie-breaker shot was one of the best shots that people have ever witnessed, and Murdoch thinks so too.
"It will certainly go up there as one of my best shots ever," Murdoch told BBC.
"It's just tremendous, it's great to be in the semifinals," he added.
Murdoch was just happy with how the game turned out. He said that his team had fantastic supporters through the week, which is probably a good thing, and he pushed them to keep going through.
"That game was absolutely incredible."
According to Murdoch, the team just weighed the odds and identify their chances. They balanced the pros and cons and put aside unwarranted fears to try to win the game. It worked for them. He said that they weren't really worried on playing shots like that because they knew that it was a ticket of getting into the semifinals.
"I just had to trust myself and have the courage to go for it."
"We never think about failure as a team, we only think about winning."
Great Britain will face Sweden on the semifinals match on Wednesday. This would be the second time that the two countries will compete against each other. The Swedish were victorious in their first match, but the British are confident about getting off on the right foot.
"We've got a good record against Sweden," said Murdoch.
"They've had an extra days rest but you can see now we're really coming on to our game."
Murdoch is the brother of Olympic curling coach Nancy Murdoch and former European curling champion Neil Murdoch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga