Sochi 2014: Unbelievable Final Shot of Skip David Murdoch Sends Great Britain’s Men Curling Team into the Semifinals
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 19, 2014 10:30 AM EST
The men's curling team of Great Britain made sure that they didn't miss the chance to join the last four of the said Olympic event.
The Brits beat the Norwegians on Tuesday by only point with a final score of 6-5. Skip David Murdoch had an unbelievable concluding shot, taking away two of Norway's stones and scoring a double, ultimately making the team reach the semifinals. Its female counterpart has already made it to the semifinals after beating the host nation Russia on Monday.
No one can neither debate nor argue that Murdoch's tie-breaker shot was one of the best shots that people have ever witnessed, and Murdoch thinks so too.
"It will certainly go up there as one of my best shots ever," Murdoch told BBC.
"It's just tremendous, it's great to be in the semifinals," he added.
Murdoch was just happy with how the game turned out. He said that his team had fantastic supporters through the week, which is probably a good thing, and he pushed them to keep going through.
"That game was absolutely incredible."
According to Murdoch, the team just weighed the odds and identify their chances. They balanced the pros and cons and put aside unwarranted fears to try to win the game. It worked for them. He said that they weren't really worried on playing shots like that because they knew that it was a ticket of getting into the semifinals.
"I just had to trust myself and have the courage to go for it."
"We never think about failure as a team, we only think about winning."
Great Britain will face Sweden on the semifinals match on Wednesday. This would be the second time that the two countries will compete against each other. The Swedish were victorious in their first match, but the British are confident about getting off on the right foot.
"We've got a good record against Sweden," said Murdoch.
"They've had an extra days rest but you can see now we're really coming on to our game."
Murdoch is the brother of Olympic curling coach Nancy Murdoch and former European curling champion Neil Murdoch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks