Sochi 2014: Unbelievable Final Shot of Skip David Murdoch Sends Great Britain’s Men Curling Team into the Semifinals
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 19, 2014 10:30 AM EST
The men's curling team of Great Britain made sure that they didn't miss the chance to join the last four of the said Olympic event.
The Brits beat the Norwegians on Tuesday by only point with a final score of 6-5. Skip David Murdoch had an unbelievable concluding shot, taking away two of Norway's stones and scoring a double, ultimately making the team reach the semifinals. Its female counterpart has already made it to the semifinals after beating the host nation Russia on Monday.
No one can neither debate nor argue that Murdoch's tie-breaker shot was one of the best shots that people have ever witnessed, and Murdoch thinks so too.
"It will certainly go up there as one of my best shots ever," Murdoch told BBC.
"It's just tremendous, it's great to be in the semifinals," he added.
Murdoch was just happy with how the game turned out. He said that his team had fantastic supporters through the week, which is probably a good thing, and he pushed them to keep going through.
"That game was absolutely incredible."
According to Murdoch, the team just weighed the odds and identify their chances. They balanced the pros and cons and put aside unwarranted fears to try to win the game. It worked for them. He said that they weren't really worried on playing shots like that because they knew that it was a ticket of getting into the semifinals.
"I just had to trust myself and have the courage to go for it."
"We never think about failure as a team, we only think about winning."
Great Britain will face Sweden on the semifinals match on Wednesday. This would be the second time that the two countries will compete against each other. The Swedish were victorious in their first match, but the British are confident about getting off on the right foot.
"We've got a good record against Sweden," said Murdoch.
"They've had an extra days rest but you can see now we're really coming on to our game."
Murdoch is the brother of Olympic curling coach Nancy Murdoch and former European curling champion Neil Murdoch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans