Sochi 2014: Unbelievable Final Shot of Skip David Murdoch Sends Great Britain’s Men Curling Team into the Semifinals
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 19, 2014 10:30 AM EST
The men's curling team of Great Britain made sure that they didn't miss the chance to join the last four of the said Olympic event.
The Brits beat the Norwegians on Tuesday by only point with a final score of 6-5. Skip David Murdoch had an unbelievable concluding shot, taking away two of Norway's stones and scoring a double, ultimately making the team reach the semifinals. Its female counterpart has already made it to the semifinals after beating the host nation Russia on Monday.
No one can neither debate nor argue that Murdoch's tie-breaker shot was one of the best shots that people have ever witnessed, and Murdoch thinks so too.
"It will certainly go up there as one of my best shots ever," Murdoch told BBC.
"It's just tremendous, it's great to be in the semifinals," he added.
Murdoch was just happy with how the game turned out. He said that his team had fantastic supporters through the week, which is probably a good thing, and he pushed them to keep going through.
"That game was absolutely incredible."
According to Murdoch, the team just weighed the odds and identify their chances. They balanced the pros and cons and put aside unwarranted fears to try to win the game. It worked for them. He said that they weren't really worried on playing shots like that because they knew that it was a ticket of getting into the semifinals.
"I just had to trust myself and have the courage to go for it."
"We never think about failure as a team, we only think about winning."
Great Britain will face Sweden on the semifinals match on Wednesday. This would be the second time that the two countries will compete against each other. The Swedish were victorious in their first match, but the British are confident about getting off on the right foot.
"We've got a good record against Sweden," said Murdoch.
"They've had an extra days rest but you can see now we're really coming on to our game."
Murdoch is the brother of Olympic curling coach Nancy Murdoch and former European curling champion Neil Murdoch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Emmys 2014 Projected Winners: Betting Odds Favour “Orange is the New Black”, “Breaking Bad”
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown