NBA Trade Deadline: Rajon Rondo To Sacramento Kings?; Team Offered Ben McLemore, Isaiah Thomas & Draft Picks to Boston Celtics
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 19, 2014 10:23 AM EST
The Sacramento Kings had reportedly offered Isiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and two picks to the Boston Celtics in exchange for All-Star playmaker Rajon Rondo, a reliable league source disclosed on Monday.
Rajon Rondo Celtics
The Kings continued to stay aggressive on the trading front, and this time, they revived their trade talks with the Celtics involving Rondo and handful of young players and draft picks. Then again, no Rondo trade took place after the point guard essentially vetoed the deal by expressing his unwillingness to re-sign with the Celtics when his contract expires in 2015.
"Sacramento offered Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and two picks for Celtics guard Rajon Rondo, but Rondo wasn't interested in re-signing with Sacramento, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports," via SB Nation.
Trading Floor Heating Up
With three days left before the Feb 20 trade deadline, things are certainly heating up on the trading floor, and the Celtics playmaker is one of the primary players that could be on the move.
"It's been slow around the NBA trade table in the weeks leading up to the deadline, but now the flurries are starting up, and Rondo is one of the biggest pieces on the market for a rebuilding Boston team. The Celtics are 19-35 and don't appear to have a playoff push in them considering their roster situation," SB Nation Matthew Tynan reported on Monday.
The Celtics were previously reluctant to part ways with Rondo. However, the latest trade rumour only suggested the C's are ready to move on without the two-time defending assists champion.
"Boston is reportedly asking for two unprotected first-round picks for Rondo," SB Nation reported.
Phoenix Suns Could Squeak In
Like the Kings, the Suns are another team loaded with assets in the forms of draft picks and young players. The Suns could have as many as four first round picks in 2014 Draft, and they are very much willing to send one or two of these assets in exchange for an All-Star caliber player.
However, with combo guards Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe already comprising the Suns backcourt, it would be interesting how the Suns sort through this issue. ESPN reported that Dragic could be a trade chip for Rondo, but the Slovenian's All-Star level of play might be the major reason why the Suns keep holding on.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery