NBA Trade Deadline: Rajon Rondo To Sacramento Kings?; Team Offered Ben McLemore, Isaiah Thomas & Draft Picks to Boston Celtics
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 19, 2014 10:23 AM EST
The Sacramento Kings had reportedly offered Isiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and two picks to the Boston Celtics in exchange for All-Star playmaker Rajon Rondo, a reliable league source disclosed on Monday.
Rajon Rondo Celtics
The Kings continued to stay aggressive on the trading front, and this time, they revived their trade talks with the Celtics involving Rondo and handful of young players and draft picks. Then again, no Rondo trade took place after the point guard essentially vetoed the deal by expressing his unwillingness to re-sign with the Celtics when his contract expires in 2015.
"Sacramento offered Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and two picks for Celtics guard Rajon Rondo, but Rondo wasn't interested in re-signing with Sacramento, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports," via SB Nation.
Trading Floor Heating Up
With three days left before the Feb 20 trade deadline, things are certainly heating up on the trading floor, and the Celtics playmaker is one of the primary players that could be on the move.
"It's been slow around the NBA trade table in the weeks leading up to the deadline, but now the flurries are starting up, and Rondo is one of the biggest pieces on the market for a rebuilding Boston team. The Celtics are 19-35 and don't appear to have a playoff push in them considering their roster situation," SB Nation Matthew Tynan reported on Monday.
The Celtics were previously reluctant to part ways with Rondo. However, the latest trade rumour only suggested the C's are ready to move on without the two-time defending assists champion.
"Boston is reportedly asking for two unprotected first-round picks for Rondo," SB Nation reported.
Phoenix Suns Could Squeak In
Like the Kings, the Suns are another team loaded with assets in the forms of draft picks and young players. The Suns could have as many as four first round picks in 2014 Draft, and they are very much willing to send one or two of these assets in exchange for an All-Star caliber player.
However, with combo guards Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe already comprising the Suns backcourt, it would be interesting how the Suns sort through this issue. ESPN reported that Dragic could be a trade chip for Rondo, but the Slovenian's All-Star level of play might be the major reason why the Suns keep holding on.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS