‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 Update: Evan Peters 'Not Sure' about Returning, Jessica Lange’s Final Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 19, 2014 12:57 AM EST
The filming of "American Horror Story" (AHS) for Season 4 has yet to start. Lou Eyrich, costume designer of "American Horror Story," had indicated that the shooting may begin in June. Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson have confirmed that they are returning to portray new roles in the new season. However, Evan Peters is not sure about his casting.
In an interview with Vulture, Peters said that he does not know whether he will be in Season 4 of "American Horror Story," or not. He said: "I have no idea yet. But I definitely like that they're continuing on with the lighter side of things."
Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had indicated that they plan to keep the comic tone of Season 3 in the upcoming season, as well.
Lange has said that Season 4 will be her last "American Horror Story" season. When asked if it is really so, Peters said to Entertainment Weekly (EW), "Usually when she [Lange] says things she means them, so I would assume that it's the truth." Lange is set to portray a role similar to Marlene Dietrich, German-born American actress and singer. According to reports, the veteran actress is working on her German accent.
Peters wants to be part of "American Horror Story," every season. He said to EW that he loves the series and finds the material "challenging." Peters would like to continue doing "American Horror Story" for as long as he can.
Murphy had revealed that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and contemporary. The upcoming season is likely to be inspired by events that took place in the year 1950. Ryan said, as quoted by "American Horror Story" Facebook Page, "If you look historically what happened in 1950, there's some more clues in that year. It's a period piece. We try and do the opposite of what we've done before. Jessica Lange has already started practicing her German accent so I'm very excited!"
Paulson may not be practising her German accent, but according to a Vulture report, the new Supreme of "American Horror Story-Coven" is learning a special skill. In an interview to Entertainment Weekly, Eyrich had alluded that the new season will return to New Orleans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles