‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 Update: Evan Peters 'Not Sure' about Returning, Jessica Lange’s Final Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 19, 2014 12:57 AM EST
The filming of "American Horror Story" (AHS) for Season 4 has yet to start. Lou Eyrich, costume designer of "American Horror Story," had indicated that the shooting may begin in June. Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson have confirmed that they are returning to portray new roles in the new season. However, Evan Peters is not sure about his casting.
In an interview with Vulture, Peters said that he does not know whether he will be in Season 4 of "American Horror Story," or not. He said: "I have no idea yet. But I definitely like that they're continuing on with the lighter side of things."
Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had indicated that they plan to keep the comic tone of Season 3 in the upcoming season, as well.
Lange has said that Season 4 will be her last "American Horror Story" season. When asked if it is really so, Peters said to Entertainment Weekly (EW), "Usually when she [Lange] says things she means them, so I would assume that it's the truth." Lange is set to portray a role similar to Marlene Dietrich, German-born American actress and singer. According to reports, the veteran actress is working on her German accent.
Peters wants to be part of "American Horror Story," every season. He said to EW that he loves the series and finds the material "challenging." Peters would like to continue doing "American Horror Story" for as long as he can.
Murphy had revealed that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and contemporary. The upcoming season is likely to be inspired by events that took place in the year 1950. Ryan said, as quoted by "American Horror Story" Facebook Page, "If you look historically what happened in 1950, there's some more clues in that year. It's a period piece. We try and do the opposite of what we've done before. Jessica Lange has already started practicing her German accent so I'm very excited!"
Paulson may not be practising her German accent, but according to a Vulture report, the new Supreme of "American Horror Story-Coven" is learning a special skill. In an interview to Entertainment Weekly, Eyrich had alluded that the new season will return to New Orleans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage