Lip Job Controversy: Virat Kohli Defends Anushka Sharma, Says It’s Her Private Matter
By Ankita Mehta | February 18, 2014 11:25 PM EST
Virat Kohli has reportedly defended alleged girlfriend Anushka Sharma, regarding the recent rumours around her lip surgery. The cricketer is apparently angry with the media and public attention over Anushka's 'lip-job', and also over his alleged relationship with the Bollywood actress.
Anushka became the butt of jokes on social networking websites after she appeared on a recent episode of "Koffee With Karan" season four with fuller lips. The "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" actress is understood to have undergone surgery, as she was spotted with plump lips.
The actress and the cricketer have been making headlines of late, regarding their alleged relationship. During the episode, host Karan Johar asked Anushka about her equation with the cricketer, to which she replied that they are just 'good friends'.
The whole issue has angered Kohli who has reportedly said that the media should respect her privacy.
"Virat feels that whatever Anushka has done to her lips is her private matter. He also wasn't happy that his budding friendship with Anushka was the focus of so much attention on Koffee With Karan. Virat doesn't want anyone talking about his friendship with the actress as he wants to focus only on cricket. He's always been low-key about his girlfriends and that is one of the reasons why their relationship is being kept a secret. When he is ready, they will talk about it," DNA quoted a source as saying.
Meanwhile, Anushka took to Twitter last week to deny reports that she has gone under the knife. In an open letter, the "Band Baaja Baaraat" actress stated that she only used a temporary lip enhancing tool, for her upcoming film "Bombay Velvet".
Read the letter here:
"Hellooooo everyone !! Today I am here to talk about my lips !! Yes ! There ! I said it .. My lips ! As a person I find it difficult to talk about my personal life and hence have always maintained a low profile choosing to interact with you all on Twitter with my random -mostly illogical thoughts seeming like the only thing I feel ok about ..that's just who I am .. But in today's time where PR stories and feeding people with information constantly or making appearances is a fad somewhere people like me get lost in translation or in this case translations !
Lately there has been a LOT of talk about me in this particular episode of Koffee with Karan . Mainly regarding my lips . I am here to just convey what I have to say regarding the same . I am talking about it only because this story has taken a scary direction and things have been 'blown out of proportion' ( pun intended ;) ) ...
For a short while now I have been using a temporary lip enhancing tool and that along with make up techniques ( I have learnt over the years) is the reason why there might be a change in the appearance of my lips. Having stated this fact let me very vehemently assure everyone that I have by no means gone 'under the knife ' or done any kind of 'plastic surgery' or undergone any intrusive procedure . This was my decision and was done for the sake of my look in my upcoming film Bombay Velvet,a period drama where I play a jazz singer in the 1960's - 70's . And it was taken from the referencing of that time .
The drastic change in my appearance on KWK is due to lot of factors put together and not just my lips . Everyone goes through good and bad days. Did I think I looked good on the KWK episode ? NO . I do feel I could have done things differently .
To put the current conjectures and reportage straight once and for all from my end - I have said this before and am saying it again .. I do not believe in plastic surgery or any other means of unnatural permanent changes to the body . I do not support it or stand for it or recommend it .
Now if someday my legs appear different and sexy to you ! Please don't say I've done 'Something' ...
Oh ! And also ... Some of the 'joker' jokes/memes doing the rounds though a bit mean did bring a smile to my lips ;)
Goodnight to all
Love and Light
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates