‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Passes Monday Test in India; Earns ₹63 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | February 18, 2014 9:53 PM EST
The first Monday box office performance of Ali Abbas Zafar directorial film "Gunday" was decent. The action thriller, released on Valentine's Day, earned ₹5.85 crore on Monday, taking its overall to ₹49.78 crore.
Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer "Gunday" passed the crucial Monday test with a decent collection from domestic box office.
The four-day breakup of the film according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹16.12 crore, Saturday ₹12.63 crore, Sunday ₹15.18 crore and Monday ₹5.85 crore. Total: ₹ 49.78 cr nett.
On Monday, the film witnessed 60 percent drop compared to its opening day, but since Friday was Valentine's Day the collection was pretty high.
Due to the opening weekend earning, the four-day total of the film is good. The film, which also stars Irrfan Khan, had a consistent performance at the box office despite mixed reviews.
Meanwhile, in the international market the film fared well despite being an action thriller film. The UAE-GCC circuit contributed the major chunk of income in the overseas total.
In its opening weekend, the film has raked in ₹13.35 crore ($ 2.16 million). The four-day domestic and opening weekend overseas total now stands at ₹63.13 crore.
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film's box office collection according to Bollywood Hungama:
UAE-GCC: In its opening weekend, the action thriller raked in ₹6 crore (AED139,022).
US: The opening weekend earnings stands at ₹2.53 crore ($409,328) from 133 screens.
Canada: From 17 screens the film managed to accumulate ₹85.96 lakh (US$ 139,022).
UK-Ireland: This circuit contributed the third highest earning after UAE-GCC and US. From 59 screens, the film fetched in ₹2.14 crore (£ 206,721).
Australia: The first three days total of the film is ₹56.41 lakh (A$ 100,974) from 14 screens
New Zealand: From 10 screens it minted ₹21.36 lakh (NZ$ 41,304).
Malaysia: It was released in just one screen from which it fetched ₹99,956 (MYR 5,325).
Fiji: In this circuit also the film was released in just two screens. In the opening weekend the film grossed 6.86 lakh (FJD 20,651).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related