‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Passes Monday Test in India; Earns ₹63 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | February 18, 2014 9:53 PM EST
The first Monday box office performance of Ali Abbas Zafar directorial film "Gunday" was decent. The action thriller, released on Valentine's Day, earned ₹5.85 crore on Monday, taking its overall to ₹49.78 crore.
Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer "Gunday" passed the crucial Monday test with a decent collection from domestic box office.
The four-day breakup of the film according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹16.12 crore, Saturday ₹12.63 crore, Sunday ₹15.18 crore and Monday ₹5.85 crore. Total: ₹ 49.78 cr nett.
On Monday, the film witnessed 60 percent drop compared to its opening day, but since Friday was Valentine's Day the collection was pretty high.
Due to the opening weekend earning, the four-day total of the film is good. The film, which also stars Irrfan Khan, had a consistent performance at the box office despite mixed reviews.
Meanwhile, in the international market the film fared well despite being an action thriller film. The UAE-GCC circuit contributed the major chunk of income in the overseas total.
In its opening weekend, the film has raked in ₹13.35 crore ($ 2.16 million). The four-day domestic and opening weekend overseas total now stands at ₹63.13 crore.
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film's box office collection according to Bollywood Hungama:
UAE-GCC: In its opening weekend, the action thriller raked in ₹6 crore (AED139,022).
US: The opening weekend earnings stands at ₹2.53 crore ($409,328) from 133 screens.
Canada: From 17 screens the film managed to accumulate ₹85.96 lakh (US$ 139,022).
UK-Ireland: This circuit contributed the third highest earning after UAE-GCC and US. From 59 screens, the film fetched in ₹2.14 crore (£ 206,721).
Australia: The first three days total of the film is ₹56.41 lakh (A$ 100,974) from 14 screens
New Zealand: From 10 screens it minted ₹21.36 lakh (NZ$ 41,304).
Malaysia: It was released in just one screen from which it fetched ₹99,956 (MYR 5,325).
Fiji: In this circuit also the film was released in just two screens. In the opening weekend the film grossed 6.86 lakh (FJD 20,651).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date