‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Passes Monday Test in India; Earns ₹63 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | February 18, 2014 9:53 PM EST
The first Monday box office performance of Ali Abbas Zafar directorial film "Gunday" was decent. The action thriller, released on Valentine's Day, earned ₹5.85 crore on Monday, taking its overall to ₹49.78 crore.
Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer "Gunday" passed the crucial Monday test with a decent collection from domestic box office.
The four-day breakup of the film according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹16.12 crore, Saturday ₹12.63 crore, Sunday ₹15.18 crore and Monday ₹5.85 crore. Total: ₹ 49.78 cr nett.
On Monday, the film witnessed 60 percent drop compared to its opening day, but since Friday was Valentine's Day the collection was pretty high.
Due to the opening weekend earning, the four-day total of the film is good. The film, which also stars Irrfan Khan, had a consistent performance at the box office despite mixed reviews.
Meanwhile, in the international market the film fared well despite being an action thriller film. The UAE-GCC circuit contributed the major chunk of income in the overseas total.
In its opening weekend, the film has raked in ₹13.35 crore ($ 2.16 million). The four-day domestic and opening weekend overseas total now stands at ₹63.13 crore.
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film's box office collection according to Bollywood Hungama:
UAE-GCC: In its opening weekend, the action thriller raked in ₹6 crore (AED139,022).
US: The opening weekend earnings stands at ₹2.53 crore ($409,328) from 133 screens.
Canada: From 17 screens the film managed to accumulate ₹85.96 lakh (US$ 139,022).
UK-Ireland: This circuit contributed the third highest earning after UAE-GCC and US. From 59 screens, the film fetched in ₹2.14 crore (£ 206,721).
Australia: The first three days total of the film is ₹56.41 lakh (A$ 100,974) from 14 screens
New Zealand: From 10 screens it minted ₹21.36 lakh (NZ$ 41,304).
Malaysia: It was released in just one screen from which it fetched ₹99,956 (MYR 5,325).
Fiji: In this circuit also the film was released in just two screens. In the opening weekend the film grossed 6.86 lakh (FJD 20,651).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage