‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Passes Monday Test in India; Earns ₹63 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | February 18, 2014 9:53 PM EST
The first Monday box office performance of Ali Abbas Zafar directorial film "Gunday" was decent. The action thriller, released on Valentine's Day, earned ₹5.85 crore on Monday, taking its overall to ₹49.78 crore.
Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer "Gunday" passed the crucial Monday test with a decent collection from domestic box office.
The four-day breakup of the film according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹16.12 crore, Saturday ₹12.63 crore, Sunday ₹15.18 crore and Monday ₹5.85 crore. Total: ₹ 49.78 cr nett.
On Monday, the film witnessed 60 percent drop compared to its opening day, but since Friday was Valentine's Day the collection was pretty high.
Due to the opening weekend earning, the four-day total of the film is good. The film, which also stars Irrfan Khan, had a consistent performance at the box office despite mixed reviews.
Meanwhile, in the international market the film fared well despite being an action thriller film. The UAE-GCC circuit contributed the major chunk of income in the overseas total.
In its opening weekend, the film has raked in ₹13.35 crore ($ 2.16 million). The four-day domestic and opening weekend overseas total now stands at ₹63.13 crore.
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film's box office collection according to Bollywood Hungama:
UAE-GCC: In its opening weekend, the action thriller raked in ₹6 crore (AED139,022).
US: The opening weekend earnings stands at ₹2.53 crore ($409,328) from 133 screens.
Canada: From 17 screens the film managed to accumulate ₹85.96 lakh (US$ 139,022).
UK-Ireland: This circuit contributed the third highest earning after UAE-GCC and US. From 59 screens, the film fetched in ₹2.14 crore (£ 206,721).
Australia: The first three days total of the film is ₹56.41 lakh (A$ 100,974) from 14 screens
New Zealand: From 10 screens it minted ₹21.36 lakh (NZ$ 41,304).
Malaysia: It was released in just one screen from which it fetched ₹99,956 (MYR 5,325).
Fiji: In this circuit also the film was released in just two screens. In the opening weekend the film grossed 6.86 lakh (FJD 20,651).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter