‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Passes Monday Test in India; Earns ₹63 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | February 18, 2014 9:53 PM EST
The first Monday box office performance of Ali Abbas Zafar directorial film "Gunday" was decent. The action thriller, released on Valentine's Day, earned ₹5.85 crore on Monday, taking its overall to ₹49.78 crore.
Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer "Gunday" passed the crucial Monday test with a decent collection from domestic box office.
The four-day breakup of the film according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹16.12 crore, Saturday ₹12.63 crore, Sunday ₹15.18 crore and Monday ₹5.85 crore. Total: ₹ 49.78 cr nett.
On Monday, the film witnessed 60 percent drop compared to its opening day, but since Friday was Valentine's Day the collection was pretty high.
Due to the opening weekend earning, the four-day total of the film is good. The film, which also stars Irrfan Khan, had a consistent performance at the box office despite mixed reviews.
Meanwhile, in the international market the film fared well despite being an action thriller film. The UAE-GCC circuit contributed the major chunk of income in the overseas total.
In its opening weekend, the film has raked in ₹13.35 crore ($ 2.16 million). The four-day domestic and opening weekend overseas total now stands at ₹63.13 crore.
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film's box office collection according to Bollywood Hungama:
UAE-GCC: In its opening weekend, the action thriller raked in ₹6 crore (AED139,022).
US: The opening weekend earnings stands at ₹2.53 crore ($409,328) from 133 screens.
Canada: From 17 screens the film managed to accumulate ₹85.96 lakh (US$ 139,022).
UK-Ireland: This circuit contributed the third highest earning after UAE-GCC and US. From 59 screens, the film fetched in ₹2.14 crore (£ 206,721).
Australia: The first three days total of the film is ₹56.41 lakh (A$ 100,974) from 14 screens
New Zealand: From 10 screens it minted ₹21.36 lakh (NZ$ 41,304).
Malaysia: It was released in just one screen from which it fetched ₹99,956 (MYR 5,325).
Fiji: In this circuit also the film was released in just two screens. In the opening weekend the film grossed 6.86 lakh (FJD 20,651).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People