Box Office Collection: 'Jilla' and 'Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal' Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 18, 2014 9:20 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" and "Jilla."
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal
Jilla Poster (Twitter/JithanRamesh)
The Udhayanidhi-Nayanthara starrer has taken a solid opening in the debut weekend at the Tamil Nadu box office.
"Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" had a solo release on 14 February, as a Valentine's Day treat for fans. The film received good feedback upon its release from critics and the audience.
According to trusted trade sources, the Udhay starrer has grossed between ₹10 and ₹11 crore across Tamil Nadu, Behindwoods website stated. The film took a good opening in Chennai, where it is estimated to have grossed ₹1.15 crore in the first weekend.
The romantic comedy entertainer has also released in key overseas markets including the US, Australia and Malaysia.
The film earned ₹16.99 lakh in its opening weekend at the US box office, whereas it fetched ₹9.23 lakh in Australia. "Tamil film #IdhuKathirvelanKadhal - opng wknd: USA $ 27,478 [Rs 16.99 lacs]... Australia A$ 16,519 [Rs 9.23 lacs]... Source: Rentrak," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The romantic entertainer has earned ₹13.55 lakh in its first weekend in Malaysia.
"Tamil film #IdhuKathirvelanKadhal - opng wknd: Malaysia MYR 72,187 [Rs 13.55 lacs]. Reported screens only. Source: Rentrak," Taran tweeted.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares during the weekdays.
Vijay's "Jilla" is still running in a few theatres in India even after completing a 40-day theatrical run (18 February). The film has performed well at the box office and emerged as the Pongal winner surpassing "Veeram" collections at the worldwide box office.
The film is still being screened in Malaysia, which is one of the key overseas markets for Tamil films. In its sixth weekend, "Jilla" earned 318 Malaysian Ringgits and its total gross stands at 928,654 Malaysian Ringgits (₹1.74 crore).
The action-packed entertainer has performed exceptionally well in the country, despite facing huge competition from Ajith's "Veeram" and other-language releases.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy