NBA Trade Rumors 2014: Kyle Lowry To Knicks, Jeff Teague To Raptors & Iman Shumpert to Hawks in Three-Team Blockbuster Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 18, 2014 7:43 PM EST
The New York Knicks are reportedly interested to pull off a three-team trade with the Atlanta Hawks and the Toronto Raptors before the Feb. 20 trade deadline, a source close to situation reported on Tuesday.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at New York Knicks
The Knicks, in an attempt to get a solid playmaker, are still very much interested to land Kyle Lowry from the Toronto Raptors, and this time, they are going to use a conduit to finally hammer the deal.
According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, the Knicks are preparing a package consists of shooting guard Iman Shumpert, Beno Udrih and Raymond Felton. The name of Tim Hardaway Jr. is also being mentioned as another potential trade chip, but the Knicks appear to be reluctant to part ways with the sweet-shooting rookie from Michigan.
"The Knicks are offering packages including Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Beno Udrih, sources say. They have been reluctant to include sharpshooting rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. or a future first-round draft pick in any deal. One of those two pieces is believed to be a prerequisite for Toronto to consider giving up Lowry," Begley stated in his report.
Begley said a reliable source told him that the Knicks have to make a decision whether to send Hardaway Jr. or move a first-round draft pick.
"It comes down to, can they talk themselves into getting rid of a first-rounder or Hardaway Jr. for Lowry?" the source said.
Hawks in the Picture
Reports mentioned the Hawks as the possible conduit team that will help facilitate Lowry's arrival to the Big Apple. There are rumors that Hakws GM Dan Ferry is not happy with Teague's lucrative four-year, $32 million deal, and he's ready to move the budding point guard in exchange for solid assets.
"Grantland's Zach Lowe reported last week that sources told him Hawks GM Danny Ferry "is not in love" with Teague's four-year, $32 million deal. It's unclear if a potential Hawks-Knicks-Raptors deal would return enough talent to Atlanta to justify moving Teague," Begley stated.
If the trade pushes through, the Knicks will be receiving Lowry while the Raptors get another point guard in Teague. The Hawks, on the other hand, will receive two-way guard Shumpert, who can give the team some defensive presence in the perimeter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS