Android v4.4.2 KitKat Now Seeding to HTC One (Dual-SIM), One Max and One Mini in India
By Rohit KVN | February 18, 2014 7:02 PM EST
It's been just few days since HTC One (Single SIM model) received the KitKat treatment in India. Now, the company has rolled out the chocolate wafer flavored OS update to three more flagship variants.
It’s been just few days since the HTC One (Single SIM model) received the KitKat treatment in India, now the company has rolled the chocolate wafer flavored OS to three more flagship variants.
"What's smart, intuitive and all YOURS? Here's a hint: when paired with your favourite HTC One family - #HTCOnedualsim,#HTCOnemax, #HTCOnemini - it will enhance your already incredible smartphone experience. Still not sure? .... #KitKat 4.4!Available on all HTC One family devices from February 17th.", it said.
The new KitKat firmware is available via OTA and HTC smartphone owners can check for update here:
Go to Settings >> About >> Software Updates
According to HTC, the new firmware will bring in improvements in multi-tasking, cloud printing options, better disk management and the user will also get additional 25GB storage options (Google Drive) and other enhancements.
The news comes as welcome surprise to many (especially Indians), considering the fact that the company just days ago announced the KitKat update for HTC One Max and One Mini in USA would only arrive in March and April respectively.
Other features of Android v4.4 KitKat OS update includes:
Improved Caller-ID: If a caller receives a call from unknown number, the phone will look for matches on the net with local listings via Google Maps.
Priority Contacts: The new OS empowers the phone to automatically prioritize contact list for easy access, based on the frequency of calls made to a number.
Immersive display: To enhance the entertainment factor, the new OS comes with immersive mode, where the status bar and navigation buttons disappear in to the back ground while you play music, games and read e-books. Users can just swipe the edge of the screen to bring back the utility buttons.
Enhanced Message grouping: Google has brought in some improvements to the new Hangouts app and now, users can find all their text SMSs and MMSs, audio and video call details all at one place. They can also share location and send animated GIFs.
Emoji Characters: Initially users had to install third party app to use colorful characters in their SMS. Now, with KitKat update, the keypad comes pre-loaded with native Japanese Emoji emotion icons.
NFC and Wireless Printing: Google's new OS comes with a new Quickoffice app where-in users can create and store word documents in cloud storage as well as print files wirelessly on NFC-enabled HP printers.
Multi-tasking: With efficient memory management, users can multi-task by opening multiple applications; Listen to music while you can browse through the net.
Performance: Like all software updates, the new KitKat enhances smartphone's performance as well as efficient RAM management, leading to an increase in battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes