HTC One Max and HTC One Mini Receive Android 4.4 Kitkat OS Update
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 18, 2014 6:06 PM EST
It’s been just few days since the HTC One (Single SIM model) received the KitKat treatment in India, now the company has rolled the chocolate wafer flavored OS to three more flagship variants.
A notification should be available for over-the-air update of the smartphone. But users may also update the device manually. To access the update, go to Settings >> About Phone >> Software updates. Notable new features include cloud printing, improved multitasking, Google Drive support, better encryption and overall improved performance.
HTC India posted the change logs in its Facebook page. According to the post, the handsets will have an improved multitasking, cloud printing options, open and save files on Google Drive + additional 25 GB of storage and better disk encryption.
HTC One 2 release date is reported to be slightly delayed and all rumors point to a March launch. iDigitalTimes reported one of the probable reasons HTC One 2 release date is pushed further is because of Samsung Galaxy S5 launch on Feb. 24.
Samsung's launch event is set on the same day of Mobile World Congress. The company may want to steal the limelight from other smartphones to be rolled out in the event. To compete with the Samsung smartphone, HTC slightly delayed the release of its own handset.
iDigitalTimes added HTC One 2 will herald a larger a 5-inch full HD 1080p display, Snapdragon 800 chipset, 2 GB RAM, a dual ultrapixel rear facing camera and 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera with Sense 6.0 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Other rumours claimed the front-facing camera may be 5 megapixels similar to some flagship phones distributed in China. But these specs are still unofficial specs of HTC One 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family