Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's PR Clarifies on P Vasu's Film
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 18, 2014 6:03 PM EST
For the last couple of days, media has been abuzz with news of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's comeback in a Tamil-Telugu bilingual, directed by P.Vasu of "Chandramukhi" fame.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Reports emerged that the Bollywood beauty will appear as a kalari fighter in Vasu's new film titled "Aishwaryavum Aayiram Kaakakkalum." Director Vasu had reportedly said in a statement that Aishwarya was impressed with the script after hearing a narration from him.
"Aishwarya was really impressed with the script. She will be seen in a never-seen-before powerful role. She will essay a Kalari fighter in the film and for the same she will undergo special stunt training," said the statement.
It was also said that two top heroes have been approached to play the lead roles in the film, touted to be a Tamil-Telugu bilingual.
But, now, the actress's PR has clarified about Vasu's project, saying that the former Miss World is yet to confirm it. An official statement from Aishwarya Rai's office states "This statement is in reference to the press release/ rumoured attachment of Ms Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to Mr P Vasu's film which has been doing the rounds very strongly today in the media and the industry," according to Emirates 247.
"With due respect to all the professionals concerned, I would like to state that this was one among the several scripts/ ideas she has been approached for but there have been no confirmations at all. This 'press release' came as a huge surprise to all of us... An email clarifying this erroneous 'press release' has already been received by our office from the concerned parties."
Speculations about Aishwarya's comeback film have been on the rise for the past few months. Earlier, reports had emerged that the actress has agreed to do Mani Ratnam's film with Telugu stars Mahesh Babu and Nagarjuna in lead roles. However, there is no official confirmation on the same from either Aishwarya or the director.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People