Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) Android 4.4.2 KitKat Test Firmware Leaked
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 18, 2014 4:47 PM EST
The latest Android 4.4 KitKat firmware for the international Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) was released by Sam Mobile recently.
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (L) and Apple's iPhone 5 are seen in this file picture illustration taken in Seoul on May 13, 2013. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is bracing for its weakest smartphone profit growth in 2014 since 2007 as arch rival Apple Inc challenges its domination in China's $80 billion market. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
The firmware comes with major changes like the white status bar icons, camera shortcut on the lock screen, music playback immersive mode and improved performance. Apart from those, there are also new keyboard layouts, emoji support, Home settings, default Hangouts and wireless printing option as minor changes included in the Android 4.4.2. However, it must be noted that the Samsung Galaxy S4 has not made it to the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update just yet, like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Here is a step-by-step process on how to install the Android 4.4.2 KitKat test firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505). If you wish to proceed, do so at your own risk. Although the test firmware will not void your warranty, keep in mind that being a test firmware, it is important to perform a backup.
1 - Download Android 4.4.2 firmware test Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S4.
2 - Unzip the file.
3 - Download Odin 3.09 > Unzip the.zip file again > Launch Odin.
4 - Reboot your device in download mode by Volume Down + Power + Home button.
6 - Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
7 - Wait for Odin to recognise it and then a blue box will appear in the programme.
8 - To the AP box, add AP_I9505XXUFNAD_481100_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5.
To the BL box, add BL_I9505XXUFNAD_481100_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5.
To the CP box, add CP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5.
To the CSC boxm add CSC_OXX_I9505OXXFNA2_549230_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5.
8 - Uncheck the re-partition box.
9 - Click Start > Wait for the process to end and do not disconnect your device while update is going on > You are done!
If ever you have issues at startup, you may perform a wipe data or factory reset in recovery mode by Volume Up + Power + Home button.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]