iPhone 6 Release Update: iPhone 6 Will Feature Sony FaceTime and Bezel-free Design
By Precious Silva | February 18, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Apple's iPhone 6 will be gearing up on features including new Sony FaceTime feature. According to recent information, the tech giant has been in talks with Sony for the supply of front-facing FaceTime camera modules. The device will also feature iSight camera components including a bezel-free design. With new components and unchartered features, Apple appears to be creating an iPhone like no other. Can the iPhone 6 deliver?
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
AppleInsider has reported about new information saying that Apple may be working on an edge-to-edge display for the iPhone 6. The information supposedly came from South Korea. Likewise, the tech giant has also been talking with Sony for FaceTime camera modules.
This is supported by a report from Japan's Nikkei. According to Nikkei, Apple and Sony are working on increasing the supply of camera parts of the upcoming iPhone 6. Sony is the major supplier of the majority of the complementary metal-oxide semiconductor or CMOS sensors on the primary camera of the iPhone 5s.
Previously, Apple users have complained about the FaceTime camera quality. The latest information estimates that while the FaceTime camera shoots at 1.2 megapixels, the new camera module to be installed will be around 8 megapixels. However, there are analysts who think that incorporating the new technology to a device that Apple will soon release this year may not be feasible.
Aside from the new FaceTime camera, there are also reports claiming that Apple will do away with the bzelso on the next iPhone 6. The Korea Herald reported that the iPhone 6 may feature a bezel-less design. This agrees with previous reports that Apple has been looking into the production of smartphone with bigger displays featuring glass curving towards the edges.
The display will come with integrated fingerprint sensing capabilities. Apple has been building this technology for quite some time as seen on the TouchID. There are no clarifications yet if this new display technology will put a stop to the Touch-ID infused home button. Likewise, it may also do away with the home button completely.
Latest predications indicate that Apple may announce the device during the Worldwide Developers Conference. People will have to wait for official announcements from Apple.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary