iPhone 6 Release Update: iPhone 6 Will Feature Sony FaceTime and Bezel-free Design
By Precious Silva | February 18, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Apple's iPhone 6 will be gearing up on features including new Sony FaceTime feature. According to recent information, the tech giant has been in talks with Sony for the supply of front-facing FaceTime camera modules. The device will also feature iSight camera components including a bezel-free design. With new components and unchartered features, Apple appears to be creating an iPhone like no other. Can the iPhone 6 deliver?
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
AppleInsider has reported about new information saying that Apple may be working on an edge-to-edge display for the iPhone 6. The information supposedly came from South Korea. Likewise, the tech giant has also been talking with Sony for FaceTime camera modules.
This is supported by a report from Japan's Nikkei. According to Nikkei, Apple and Sony are working on increasing the supply of camera parts of the upcoming iPhone 6. Sony is the major supplier of the majority of the complementary metal-oxide semiconductor or CMOS sensors on the primary camera of the iPhone 5s.
Previously, Apple users have complained about the FaceTime camera quality. The latest information estimates that while the FaceTime camera shoots at 1.2 megapixels, the new camera module to be installed will be around 8 megapixels. However, there are analysts who think that incorporating the new technology to a device that Apple will soon release this year may not be feasible.
Aside from the new FaceTime camera, there are also reports claiming that Apple will do away with the bzelso on the next iPhone 6. The Korea Herald reported that the iPhone 6 may feature a bezel-less design. This agrees with previous reports that Apple has been looking into the production of smartphone with bigger displays featuring glass curving towards the edges.
The display will come with integrated fingerprint sensing capabilities. Apple has been building this technology for quite some time as seen on the TouchID. There are no clarifications yet if this new display technology will put a stop to the Touch-ID infused home button. Likewise, it may also do away with the home button completely.
Latest predications indicate that Apple may announce the device during the Worldwide Developers Conference. People will have to wait for official announcements from Apple.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates