'Man of Steel 2' Costumes of Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman to be More Conservative?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 18, 2014 4:17 PM EST
The latest update on "Man of Steel 2" leads to the costumes that Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman will wear in the upcoming film. The costumes will reportedly be revealed within a couple of days and they are expected to be more conservative.
The Latino Post report claims Forbes film blogger Mark Hughes posted on Twitter about the Bat-suit and Wonder Woman costume reveal. "Okay, fans, get ready, a bat-suit & WW reveal seems to be imminent, as in possibly days away!" Mark Hughes wrote on his Twitter account @markhughesfilms.
Okay, fans, get ready, a bat-suit & WW reveal seems to be imminent, as in possibly days away!
— Mark Hughes (@markhughesfilms) February 11, 2014
According to Mr Hughes, the Bat-suit will no longer reveal Batman's nipples while Wonder Woman's costume will be more conservative with the suit described to be "armored, not a skimpy bathing suit." As for Superman, the film blogger speculated that Clark Kent will be donning the letter "S" on his costume in the movie sequel.
"My guess a/b the 'S' is just b/c Lois told him 'here, it's an S.' So maybe he'd change that now that he's called 'Superman.' And I'd guess maybe a belt or something in the waist-area since the design would benefit from something to break up the blue there," Mr Hughes stated.
British actor Henry Cavill has been working out in the gym in preparation to reprise his role as Clark Kent or Superman in "Man of Steel 2." Robert "Maximus" MacDonald, the general manager and training director at Gym Jones in Salt Lake City revealed that Mr Cavill became a "fit human being" after the actor started training in December 2013.
"Well, and I will tell you with Henry that I would put him against any other actor on the planet right now in a fitness test, and I'd put money on the fact that he'd win," Mr MacDonald stated. As for actor Ben Affleck who will portray Bruce Wayne or Batman, director Zach Snyder and producer Michael Uslan continue to defend their casting decision.
The Breathe Cast reports Michael Uslan is no stranger to the Batman movies since he has been the film producer since 1989. The film producer thinks that a lot of people may be criticizing their casting decision now but their opinion may change when the movie sequel gets released.
Mr Uslan further noted in the report that the result of a Batman movie depends on the "power and believability" of the character. "If you're trying to do a serious, dark superhero, people have to believe in Bruce Wayne as that obsessed driven guy, to the point maybe of almost being psychotic. A guy who would get dressed up as a bat and do what he did," the producer stated.
"Man of Steel 2" is scheduled to hit movie theaters on May 6, 2016. Joining Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck in the Batman vs. Superman cast members are Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred and Amy Adams as Lois Lane.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting: Director Zack Snyder Weighs In on Decision to Cast Ben Affleck as Batman, Jesse Eisenberg to Be Tattooed Skinhead Villain Lex Luthor? - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Jesse Eisenberg To Portray Superman's Archenemy Lex Luthor - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Filming Set to Begin Immediately? Ben Affleck Share Insights on Being Batman in the Movie Sequel - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013