Google Nexus 6 Release Date Soon As Nexus 5 And Nexus 4 Deals Emerge
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 18, 2014 4:07 PM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date may arrive soon while deals for Nexus 5 and Nexus 4 are already available.
Reportedly, Google Nexus 6 will be the last Nexus smartphone as the company was rumored to drop the whole line. Early reports noted Nexus 6 would come than usual and strengthened by the new deals for the previous handsets on Amazon this coming Presidents' Day.
Nexus 6 concept image
But it is essential to noted that the prices are higher than the handset's usual price at the Google Play Store. It is worth to look, especially when Google's online store is running low in supply. For example, Nexus 4 is no longer available at the Play Store.
The 16 GB variant of Google Nexus 5 is priced at $419.88, which is $80 off its regular price of $499.99 in Amazon. There is only one stock left so interested buyers must act very fast if they want to get hold of the handset. The 32 GB variant is now offered for only Android-KitKat/dp/B00GD9R7BC/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=dainewcor-20" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">$467.49. The 16 GB model is more popular than the 32 GB variant since it is cheaper and not everyone is in need of that much internal storage.
Meanwhile, the 16 GB Nexus 4 is priced at $359.99 while the 8 GB model is offered for $310. LG Nexus for was released in 2012 and the 8 GB and 16 GB variants were available for $299 and $349, respectively.
A listing of the rumored Google Nexus 6 appeared at 91mobiles.com. This showed off a 5.2-inch full-HD curved LCD display and Corning Gorilla Glass Protection. The handset will be powered by the upcoming 3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor paired with 3 GB RAM. The next Nexus smartphone will most likely be available in 32 GB/ 64 GB/ 128 GB storage variants.
At the back, the device will sport a 13 MP camera and 5 MP front-facing camera. The handset will be equipped with Bluetooth, NFC, Micro-USB, Wi-Fi, 4G. Like the previous Google devices, Nexus 6 will be announced alongside a new Android OS. The Web site claimed the Android 4.5 OS will be named Lollypop.
The Web site also estimated the price range of the smartphone to be around $600, which is pretty steep for a Nexus device. But Google has not announced anything yet. All these rumors should be treated as a grain of salt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation