Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Day 12 Live Streaming Information: Ice Hockey, Snowboarding and More Where to Watch Live
By Shruthi SU | February 18, 2014 3:48 PM EST
There have been unending complaints and praises about the organizing committee of the Sochi Winter Olympics 2014. With $50 billion spent by the authorities to build top-notch infrastructure and encourage games in Russia, Sochi has sent a positive vibe to the world of sport.
Where to Watch Live
Day 12 is scheduled for a 9 am local time (10.30 am IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE.
Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can catch the action live via SuperSport HERE.
Day 11 reflected the spirit of the Olympics with upsets and surprises. Day 12 [Tuesday] looks even more promising with men's freestyle skiing halfpipe making its Olympic debut along with the 18-year-old talented U.S alpine ski-racer Mikaela Shiffrin.
The fog, however, has forced the organizers to shuffle the calendar a bit. Biathlon has again been postponed for Tuesday along with men's snowboard cross. The medal standing so far sees Germany on top with 8 gold and 15 overall medals, with Russia, Netherlands and U.S. following behind with 5 gold each.
Day 11 Review
In the ski jumping event, Germany took home gold while Austria's dominance ended despite having won 9 Olympic titles and 8 straight World Championship titles.
The semifinals played on Monday decided that Canada would take on USA in the final of the Women's Ice Hockey tournament on Thursday. The bronze medal will be up for grabs on the day of the finals with Swiss and Sweden fighting for third.
The men's aerials freestyle skiing was thought to be China's backyard. But, Anton Kushnir of Belarus turned over the predictions with an exquisitely executed double-full, full, double-full jump scoring 134.50 points to lay hands on the gold medal. David Morris of Australia and Jia Zongyang of China finished with silver and bronze respectively.
USA had a good day at Sochi on Monday, moving up the ladder with 5 Gold and 18 overall medals. The surprise Gold came to Meryl Davis and Charlie White. They earned the first ever Olympic figure skating ice dancing gold for the Americans.
The two-man bobsleigh event gave Russia their 5th Gold medal at the Sochi Winter Olympics.
Darya Domracheva of Belarus is having a time of her life in Sochi. She won her third gold medal in the biathlon event. Her previous two gold in the Sochi Winter Olympics were in the women's pursuit and individual competitions.
Day 12 Preview
The start of events scheduled for Tuesday will involve alpine skiing where Shiffrin promises to make it her show. Even the men's title looks likely to be swept away by the U.S.
Snowboarding men's cross that was postponed to Tuesday sees Australia's Alex Pullin start as the favourite for the gold. However, Germany would have liked to take their medal tally higher in the nordic combined event. But, their champion and World No. 1 Eric Frenzel might miss the competition due to a virus. That would put Japan and Norway the favourites for the nordic combined individual large hill event.
Experts have it that short-track speedskating will be a close competition between South Korea and China. The men's section looks like being the Netherlands' to lose with all the top performers coming from the European country. They have so far won 5 gold medals in the long track speedskating events and 16 overall in Winter Olympics history.
In ice hockey, Russia continue their quest for gold with a winnable fixture against Norway. The other men's hockey action comes in the mould of Slovenia vs Austria.
The women's section will witness Canada vs Switzerland and Finland vs Russia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June