Gold Hovers Near 3-1/2 Month High as Safe-haven Bids Support
February 18, 2014 2:46 PM EST
Gold drifted slightly lower on Tuesday after scaling fresh 3-1/2 month highs early in the session, as safe-haven bids continued to support the metal amid a weaker U.S. dollar and concerns over economic growth.
Gold prices to swing next week ahead of US Federal Reserve QE taper decision (Reuters).
Silver rose for a fourth session and was trading near its highest since early November.
Spot gold was nearly unchanged at $1,327.90 by 0024 GMT, after hitting $1,332.10 earlier in the session - its highest since November.
Silver rose nearly 1 percent and wasn't too far from a 3-1/2 month high of $21.96 hit on Monday.
Indonesia's PT Indosmelt plans an initial public offering by the end of 2015 to raise about $500 million to build a gold refinery, its president director said.
India will look into relaxing gold imports curbs, but won't let its current account deficit balloon, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram said.
Twenty two artisinal gold miners who came out of a disused and temporarily blocked shaft near Johannesburg over the last two days have been arrested and will be charged with illegal mining, South African police said on Monday.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop