Will ‘Need For Speed’ Movie Beat ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 with an Early Release Date?
By Sachin Trivedi | February 18, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Racing cars movies fans are in for a treat with the upcoming "Need for Speed" and "Fast and Furious" 7 movies. Both the movies have a great number of fan following but the movies will be avoiding a head to head competition at the box office.
"Fast and Furious" 7 already has established itself as a one of the top grossing movies when it comes to car racing movies. "Need for Speed" will be an experiment for the popular gaming franchise to make the transition to a blockbuster Hollywood movie. The game however is widely recognised and popular.
With the sad passing of star actor Paul Walker of "Fast and Furious" 7, fans would want to see the actor perform one last time in the popular movie series. The upcoming movie is expected to be a hit at the box office.
Both the movies will avoid direct competition at the box office. An early launch of "Need for Speed" could help position the movie for better results at the box office as racing enthusiasts and fans of "Fast and Furious" 7 may be drawn to the theatres.
"Need for Speed" will be released on 14 March 2014, almost a year before the "Fast and Furious" 7, which will be released on 10 April 2015. Fans who can't wait to see the Paul Walker movie may have to settle for "Need for Speed."
"Fast and Furios" 7 will focus on revenge. Ian Shaw, the brother of Owen Shaw will want revenge against Dominic Toretto and his crew for taking down his brother. Will he succeed in this endeavour? Or will he end up like his brother?
"Need for Speed" is about a street racer who joins a cross country race. He seeks revenge against a wealthy business man who framed him for a crime and had him sent to prison. With a bounty on his head placed by his ex-partner, will he get his revenge in the cross country race?
The cast of "Fast and Furious" 7 includes Jason Statham as Ian Shaw, Paul Walker as Brian O'Conner, Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs, Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto, Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz, Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto, Djimon Hounsou as Slim and Kurt Russell.
The cast of "Need for Speed" includes Aaron Paul as Tobey Marshall, Dakota Johnson as Anita, Imogen Poots as Julia, Michael Keaton as Monarch, Dominic Cooper as Dino Brewster and Rami Malek as Finn.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 - Meet 27 Important Characters New and Returning [Read]
'Star Wars' The Clone Wars Season 6 The Lost Missions Coming on March 7 [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 - New Trailer Hints at Revenge For the Red Wedding [WATCH VIDEO] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia