Samsung Galaxy S5 Full Specs and Features to Expect on Release Date, Launch on February 24 MWC 2014
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 18, 2014 2:17 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 launch is just a few weeks away and we are about to witness what the much anticipated next flagship smartphone has to offer. With just a little time before the official launch, here are the full specs and features to expect on release date of the Galaxy S5.
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (L) and Apple's iPhone 5 are seen in this file picture illustration taken in Seoul on May 13, 2013. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is bracing for its weakest smartphone profit growth in 2014 since 2007 as arch rival Apple Inc challenges its domination in China's $80 billion market. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date
At this point, there is only one thing that is certain about the Galaxy S5 - that it will be launched in February 24 at MWC 2014. The event entitled "Unpacked 5" is not-too-subtle hint of the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S5 at the Centre Convencions Internacional in Barcelona during MWC 2014.
Rumoured Galaxy S5 Full Specs and Features
Here are the full specs and features of the Galaxy S5 according to SamMobile.
The Galaxy S5 is expected to sport a high-resolution screen with 2560 x 1440 AMOLED display, 5 inches to 5.25 inches screen size, 16MP sensor camera with possible optical image stabilisation technology. Internally, we expect to see a 64-bit Exynos 6 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor.
Current rumours claim that the Galaxy S5 is coming in two versions as seen in the specs aforementioned. Thus far, rumours say different things about this premise. Some say that there will be metal and plastic versions of the Galaxy S5, while others say that the two versions will have different specs.
According to a report on Apple Insider, Samsung will stick with the polycarbonate shell, which is similar to its past devices. The report was made by Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities who has been accurate with predictions in the past.
He further said that there will be two versions namely, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. The differences will come down to the screen wherein the Prime will have a 5.2 inches 2560 x 1440 display, while the other version will sport a 1920 x 1080 screen. But basically, both versions would otherwise be the similar.
Meanwhile, recent Antutu benchmarks leaked results of the two aforementioned handsets via SamMobile.Both SM-G900H and SM-G900R4 share the same 16MP sensor rear camera but with notable internal differences.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced