'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 18: Filming with Director Paul Wesley Put On Hold Due to Atlanta Winter Storm
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 18, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Actor Paul Wesley is set to make his directorial debut in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 but the weather condition became a production issue for the CW star. Filming for the upcoming Episode 18 has been put on hold due to the winter storm hitting Atlanta, Georgia where the TVD set is located, the KPopStarz reports.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
Death Hoax 2014: Arnold Schwarzenegger Latest Victim of Circulating Fake Death Reports, Snowboarding Accident Killed 'The Expendables' Actor Again
Samuel L Jackson Slammed KTLA Reporter Sam Rubin Who Mistook the 'Robocop' Actor for Laurence Fishburne [WATCH VIDEOS]
The other TV shows that also got shut down included the CW spin-off series "The Originals," "Devious Maids" and "Drop Dead Diva." The winter storm caused problems for Ms Wesley's directorial debut but the actor is still excited on his new project as he described the upcoming episode to be "both nostalgic and suspenseful."
Paul Wesley revealed in the Wet Paint report that he worked really hard and prepared for a year in order to direct an episode in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5. "Even though I have been working in TV for years, it ended up being a blessing because I learned invaluable information. They finally granted me an episode, which was met with a great deal of excitement and nervousness on my part," revealed the actor.
Meanwhile, the "Vampire Diaries" cast and crew sounded excited with Paul Wesley's directorial debut in Season 5 and they have expressed their support on Twitter. Executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries offered Mr Wesley their words of encouragement on his directing gig in "The Vampire Diaries."
"According to set, @paulwesley is about to yell "ACTION" on his first shot as a director of #TVD. Way to go, Paul(a), way to go," Julie Plec posted on her Twitter account @julieplec while Caroline Dries tweeted the message "Go dominate, @paulwesley" on her Twitter account @carolinedries last February 11.
— julieplec (@julieplec) February 8, 2014
First official day of ep 518. Go dominate, @paulwesley! — Caroline Dries (@carolinedries) February 10, 2014
Paul Wesley's co-stars Michael Malarkey, who portrays Enzo, and Marguerite MacIntyre or also known as Sheriff Forbes also expressed their support for the new episode director. "Worked with an awesome new director yesterday, @paulwesley. #likeaducktowater," Marguerite MacIntyre wrote on her Twitter account @Caryshotwife.
— marguerite macintyre (@Caryshotwife) February 11, 2014
@julieplec @paulwesley Yeah boyyyyyyyyy! — Michael Malarkey (@mkmalarkey) February 8, 2014
After receiving a shower of support, Paul Wesley expressed his gratitude to his "Vampire Diaries" family as well as the devoted fans of the TV show. "Thanks everyone for supporting my new endeavor. Much appreciated," the actor posted on his Twitter account @paulwesley.
Thanks everyone for supporting my new endeavor. Much appreciated.
— Paul Wesley (@paulwesley) February 9, 2014
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 returns on Thursday night, February 27, at 8 pm ET on the CW network with Episode 14 titled "No Exit."
More Articles to Read:
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Set to Direct an Upcoming Season 5 Episode on the CW TV Series - [READ]
Steven R McQueen: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Featured in the Latest Abercrombie & Fitch Campaign Along with Other Young Rising Stars [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Stefan To Save Damon From Reckless Behaviour, Hooks Up with Elena/Katherine? Promo Video and Synopsis For Episode 14 Titled 'No Exit' Released [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air