Samsung Galaxy S5 Features Confirmed in New Screenshot; Release Date Teased by O2 Germany
By Gel Galang | February 18, 2014 12:54 PM EST
Listed in the screenshot are the rumoured QHD screen resolution at 1,440 x 2,560 pixels, a 5.2-inch screen and colour depth of 32 bit. There's also pixel density listed at 560 ppi.
Phone Arena reports that this may be a hint to the much-rumoured possibility of a QHD Super AMOLED display. Check out the link above to see the screenshot.
February Release Date for Samsung Galaxy S5?
In 10 days, February will have come to an end, but if the teaser from O2 Germany is anything to go by, the Samsung Galaxy S5 might see a release date, or at least get some more official clues on Samsung's upcoming device.
*A new snapshot has been released by Mojang for "Minecraft": Read the details and download it here.
Spotted by NDTV, it seems that the UK mobile carrier O2 has teased that it will be one of the first carriers that will feature the Korean company's newest flagship phone, the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Although at first look, there is no explicit mention of Samsung Galaxy S5 as a model of the unit, the report states that there is a mention of it on the link, as well as a hint in the title of the page, which says, "Anticipation High 5."
What's a little more telling about the leak is that, at the end of February, there is a "learn more" aspect which can hint to the Samsung Unpacked 5 event coming in Feb 24. Again, considering how the image's suggestion of a waterproof phone---which has not yet been leaked as a feature of the Samsung Galaxy S5---shows that this should be taken with a grain of salt.
*A lot still fear the lack of dedicated Australian servers for "Titanfall": Read here for more.
Everything That's Known So Far About the Samsung Galaxy S5
So far, what's known about the Samsung Galaxy S5 is that there may be two versions based on a recent appearance in AnTuTu, one labeled SM-G900H and another as SM-G900R4, according to GSM Arena.
There are also two rumoured processors coming with the Samsung Galaxy S5, which are either the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 or the eight-core Exynos 6 CPU, as per Stuff.TV.
*The PS4 is now cheaper in the UK: Read the full story here.
In addition to this, Engadget has also reported that Samsung may be putting fitness as one of the focus of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The report has gotten a snapshot of the teaser for the Unpacked 5 event, where Speed, Outdoor, Curiosity, Fun, Social, Style, Privacy, Fitness and Life have all been multiplied to 5---a clue to the Samsung Galaxy S5 perhaps.
A focus on fitness would be interesting considering that Apple's iOS 8 has also been rumoured to put fitness at front and center with its Healthbook App. Can the Samsung Galaxy 5 put an improvement to its S Health feature that's currently not in the Samsung Galaxy S4?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports