Samsung Galaxy S5 Features Confirmed in New Screenshot; Release Date Teased by O2 Germany
By Gel Galang | February 18, 2014 12:54 PM EST
Listed in the screenshot are the rumoured QHD screen resolution at 1,440 x 2,560 pixels, a 5.2-inch screen and colour depth of 32 bit. There's also pixel density listed at 560 ppi.
Phone Arena reports that this may be a hint to the much-rumoured possibility of a QHD Super AMOLED display. Check out the link above to see the screenshot.
February Release Date for Samsung Galaxy S5?
In 10 days, February will have come to an end, but if the teaser from O2 Germany is anything to go by, the Samsung Galaxy S5 might see a release date, or at least get some more official clues on Samsung's upcoming device.
*A new snapshot has been released by Mojang for "Minecraft": Read the details and download it here.
Spotted by NDTV, it seems that the UK mobile carrier O2 has teased that it will be one of the first carriers that will feature the Korean company's newest flagship phone, the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Although at first look, there is no explicit mention of Samsung Galaxy S5 as a model of the unit, the report states that there is a mention of it on the link, as well as a hint in the title of the page, which says, "Anticipation High 5."
What's a little more telling about the leak is that, at the end of February, there is a "learn more" aspect which can hint to the Samsung Unpacked 5 event coming in Feb 24. Again, considering how the image's suggestion of a waterproof phone---which has not yet been leaked as a feature of the Samsung Galaxy S5---shows that this should be taken with a grain of salt.
*A lot still fear the lack of dedicated Australian servers for "Titanfall": Read here for more.
Everything That's Known So Far About the Samsung Galaxy S5
So far, what's known about the Samsung Galaxy S5 is that there may be two versions based on a recent appearance in AnTuTu, one labeled SM-G900H and another as SM-G900R4, according to GSM Arena.
There are also two rumoured processors coming with the Samsung Galaxy S5, which are either the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 or the eight-core Exynos 6 CPU, as per Stuff.TV.
*The PS4 is now cheaper in the UK: Read the full story here.
In addition to this, Engadget has also reported that Samsung may be putting fitness as one of the focus of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The report has gotten a snapshot of the teaser for the Unpacked 5 event, where Speed, Outdoor, Curiosity, Fun, Social, Style, Privacy, Fitness and Life have all been multiplied to 5---a clue to the Samsung Galaxy S5 perhaps.
A focus on fitness would be interesting considering that Apple's iOS 8 has also been rumoured to put fitness at front and center with its Healthbook App. Can the Samsung Galaxy 5 put an improvement to its S Health feature that's currently not in the Samsung Galaxy S4?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales