Teasers for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Borderlands 3 [VIDEO]
By Gel Galang | February 18, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare is almost here with only a week before its expected release on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 on February 25. And to bring up the hype, PopCap has recently released a live-action trailer that shows just why you should look forward to the game.
As you can see in the video, it's a spoof of some of your favorite military shooters, and instead of a guns-a-blazin' scenario, you have dolphins firing water at other soldiers. Those who are familiar with the franchise know what that dolphin really means, but what's interesting to see just how far the game will take its tagline:
"Shooters just got weird."
In addition to this, Popcap's Brian Lindley has commented that the developer wants to get the game to as many hands and consoles as possible, it doesn't seem to matter that only the PC has been planned as another platform for release for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare aside from the Xbox exclusivity.
*It's time to be nice and proper now that Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer has established its own code of conduct for players: Read the details here.
"Obviously, we're exclusively first on the Xbox platforms, but I think in the coming months, players will see some announcements that will please them depending on their platform of choice," said Lindley in a reported quoted by NowGamer.
Borderlands 3 is not yet in the pipeline
With the all DLC releases and limited time-bound skins that are currently out for Borderlands 2, as well as the avid reception of the game series from Gearbox Software, it seems that the next installment is not yet in progress.
*More details are coming for The Order: 1886, but for now, here's what is already known about the PS4 exclusive: Read the full story here.
Speaking with Polygon, Gearbox CEO and president Randy Pitchford stated that there is currently no work being done yet for Borderlands 3, mainly because they are doing something for Borderlands 2 for the meantime.
"When you think of what Borderlands 3 should be, it should be massive. It should be bigger and better than Borderlands 2. It should carry forward the story. It's probably crazy multiplatform, depending on timing. It would have to be a next-gen game and a current-gen game, if it was coming at any time in the reasonably near future," said Pitchford to Polygon. "We know we want it and we know it should exist, but we don't know what it is yet."
*The upcoming Pokemon X and Y movie Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie has more details on the storyline: Check them out here.
The good thing about Gearbox's plans is that, between the lines is clearly the fact that there are plans to have a Borderlands 3, but unlike annual releases of other games, they are not in a hurry to abandon Borderlands 2 just to jump into another installment.
If anything, the developers are devoting their time in creating more content for the existing game. What's even better is that, given the love of the developers for the franchise, it's highly likely that time, effort and creativity will be devoted in planning and making Borderlands 3.
Of course, this doesn't mean that there won't be any Borderlands franchise coming out in a nearer future, since Telltale Games is also dipping their hand into the Borderlands cookie jar with Tales.
"The fact that they [Telltale Games] want to spend time in the brand and the space we've created is thrilling," said Pitchford. "I'm super excited."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015