Stunning in Red, Duchess of Cambridge Welcomes Stars in Buckingham Palace
By Maychelle Ornos | February 18, 2014 12:24 PM EST
The Buckingham Palace opened and welcomed several prominent British artists just after the recently concluded British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards. Movie stars and British film and theatre giants were given the privilege to be welcomed by Queen Elizabeth II and Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, for a night of appreciating dramatic arts.
The reception was a prepared in honour of the Queen's 60 years as patron of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, according to Express. It is a night that celebrates the contributions of film and theatre in national life and several other international stars were also invited. Those who were in attendance are writers, actors and directors who are considered to be the cream of the crop of the British film industry.
The 32-year-old Duchess seemed to be glowing in her red Alexander McQueen pleated dress when she hosted the reception. She has worn the same dress during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. The dress looked elegant on her which flatters her very slim figure. She is definitely beautiful in red.
The guest lists in the night's reception included Dame Helen Mirren, who was also given an academy fellowship at the BAFTAs by Prince William. Dame Helen, who always portrayed the Monarch in films, was jokingly called by Prince William "granny." A total of 250 guests were invited, although some were not able to attend the celebration due to previous engagements.
The guests were treated to a small show which was introduced by British actor Hugh Laurie. It included a performance by the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) students from the musical "Oh! What a Lovely War," according to the Mirror. A scene from the play "Pygmalion" of George Bernard Shaw was also staged and a song was also rendered by Cynthia Erivo from the musical "The Colour Purple."
Dame Helen has also given a piece from Shakespeare's "The Tempest" reciting the famous line "We are such stuff as dreams are made on." It was definitely an event that makes one proud of the talents of the people who are involved in shaping the field of dramatic arts. It only proves how important it is to nurture these talents.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS