Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite Gets Haswell Update: Top 3 Things to Expect
By Precious Silva | February 18, 2014 11:12 AM EST
The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite has been popular for its thin and light design. It also marked Samsung's interest in the ultrabook market. Compared to the high-end ATIV Book 9 Plus, the Lite edition sells for a lower price. This allows users on a budget to experience what an ultrabook is without spending as much. However, people will have to stick to a slower AMD processor compared to the Intel Atom Chip on the higher end model. To make up for the specs, recent reports claim that Samsung will be including the Haswell on the ATIV Lite.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich delivers his keynote address during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
It appears Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite will get a makeover. The Korean tech giant will reportedly use an Intel Core i3-4020Y Haswell processor. The processor is faster compared to the previous chipset. While the laptop does not have a premium touch, it can still cater to a range of users.
The device comes with a 13.3-inch touch screen display with 1366 x 768 resolution. The screen has a higher resolution compared to other lower end laptops. However, people will have to get used to no backlit keyboard. Nonetheless, people can still expect decent features from the device.
Other specs include Intel's low-power Haswell CPU, Intel HD 4200 graphics, 128GB solid state drive, 4GB RAM, , Bluetooth 4.0, 1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 port, 802.11n WiFi, a micro HDMI port, a flash card reader, Gigabit Ethernet support plus adapter including a mini VGA adapter.
Samsung claims that the laptop may last up to 8.5 hours. However, analysts believe this is impossible or too ambitious for a device that runs on a 30Whr battery. Analysts also believe that even with the use of a Haswell CPU, it may be stretching the claim a bit.
The latest ATIV Book 9 Lite weighs around 3.2 pounds and measures 12.8″ x 8.8″ x 0.67."
The latest ATIV Book 9 Lite will soon make its ways to the United States. According to a report by Liliputing, a number of European stores have already starting offering the device. They are more expensive compared to the AMD model. Likewise, an AMP representative clarified with the website that the company will still manufacture the AMD models alongside the Intel Core i3 variant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef