Kyle Sandilands Turns Down ‘Modern Family’ Role [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | February 18, 2014 10:37 AM EST
Kyle Sandilands has just turned down the role of a lifetime: a guest role in the U.S. sitcom “Modern Family.” The radio show host revealed that he was offered a chance to appear in the Australian episode of the hit series, but he turned it down because he was “too lazy” to be bothered.
The cast of the multi-award-winning comedy series are in the country for two weeks to shoot a one-off Aussie episode. Eric Stonestreet first touched down at Sydney Airport on Saturday, followed by his on-screen partner, Jess Tyler Ferguson, and their daughter Aubrey Anderson-Emmonsin on Monday. The rest of the cast are expected to follow soon.
On Monday, the outspoken DJ told co-host Jackie O in their KIIS 1065 breakfast show that he was offered an integral part in the mockumentary style series.
“I’m no actor,” he explained to Jackie after she observed that he has a script of the show with his name watermarked over it. “I never tried to do acting. I never even wanted to do TV, to tell you the truth, because they take so long.
“But I did get a call from some people, from the ‘Modern Family’ people, and said, ‘Would you consider reading for a part for the Australian episode?’”
Sandilands was hesitant, but he said yes nonetheless. But when he got the script, he saw that he was given a big part that required going to multiple locations and spending multiple days for filming.
“I just couldn’t be arsed so I just never bothered to show up. I just couldn’t be bothered.”
“What did you just do? I am baffled! Why didn’t you just try?!” a shocked Jackie asked her partner, to which Sandilands replied, “I don’t want to be an actor.”
He continued, “It was very, very flattering, and I tried... At the end of the day, I was just too lazy to do that. We didn’t even get to talk about the money. It wasn’t a money issue.
“It was a pure laziness, time-constraint situation. Otherwise, I would have done it.”
“He’s crazy, people, he’s crazy!” Jackie told their listeners. “I think he has made his biggest mistake ever.”
The cast of “Modern Family” are expected to shoot scenes around Sydney Harbour and on Bondi Beach.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown