‘Orphan Black’ Season 2: First Episode Title, Rachel, Sarah’s Season Long War to Begin
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 18, 2014 10:33 AM EST
BBC America's clone-drama series, "Orphan Black," is set to return on April 19, 2014, with an episode titled "Nature Under Constraint And Vexed." The season 2 is likely to begin with Sarah frantically searching for her daughter Kira.
Huffington Post reports that the premiere episode of "Orphan Black" Season 2 is likely to tackle the "philosophical implications of what's happened, and whether the pursuit of science should have moral ambiguity." As reported previously, the upcoming season will take-up the issue of patenting human-DNA. The issue is expected to be addressed thematically.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Maria Doyle Kennedy, who plays Sarah's foster mother, Ms S, in "Orphan Black," said that the new season of Orphan Black is "like season 1 on crack." The actress also hinted that Ms S will be seen more in the upcoming season.
Kennedy said that her character's, Ms S, is mainly concern about protecting Kira. "In the war between Rachel and Sarah and the whole idea about the clones trying to find out about themselves, she [Ms S] keeps going through that and beyond it and goes, 'Where does Kira land in all this? What's happening with her? How safe is she? Are they close to her? Can they get her?'" Kenney said.
Graeme Manson, co-creator of "Orphan Black," has indicated that in the new season Sarah's problems will be "amplified." The Season 2 is set to feature a season-long power struggle between Sarah and Rachel.
Manson said, as quoted by Entertainment Weekly, "every alliance in her life (Sarah) has changed, every dynamic has shifted and nothing is certain anymore. She's not sure who to trust. A war begins with her and Rachel this year, really."
The new season will introduce new characters, including Dyad agent, Marian Bowles, portrayed by Michelle Forbes. This character will keep a "bird's eye-view" on the fight between Rachel and Sarah.
Meanwhile, the secret that Alison is keeping will consume her, according to Manson. Also, this character will experience "explosions" in the upcoming season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales