NFL Trade 2014 Roundup: Contract Extension Expected for 49ers' Anquan Boldin, Ravens' Terrell Suggs, Redskins' DeAngelo Hall and More
By Raymond Ronamai | February 18, 2014 12:37 AM EST
So much has already been written on the NFL 2014 trade, and the latest we hear is that some of the biggest names in the league, like Anquan Boldin, DeAngelo Hall and Terrell Suggs, are likely to extend their contracts, despite earlier reports stating that they would be traded.
San Francisco 49ers: The San Francisco 49ers are negotiating a multi-year extension that could prevent Boldin from being available, when free agents can begin negotiating with other teams on 8 March, according to Matt Maiocco of the CSN Bay Area.
Washington Redskins: Cornerback Hall sparked off rumours of leaving the Washington Redskins by commenting that the team should change their name but the latest we hear is that his contract is likely to be extended. NBC Sports reported, citing a source from the league, that the Redskins and Hall are on the verge of signing a new contract, though nothing has been finalized.
Baltimore Ravens: Suggs, 31, is on the verge of ending his six-year contract and extending his stay with the Ravens. Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun tweeted that Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome is holding a press conference with Suggs on Monday, adding that: "They have been working on a restructured contract-extension."
Pittsburgh Steelers: According to Ray Fittipaldo of Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, veteran Troy Polamalu could be given a contract extension to help him end his career with the team. However, the writer feels that Ryan Clark, 34, is unlikely to sign a new contract.
Carolina Panthers: It is still not sure if cornerback Captain Munnerlyn will return to Charlotte as the team has remained silent on his contract extension.
"It's been real quiet, which is shocking. I don't know what's going on. I'm just waiting. I guess they're going to let everyone hit free agency," Munnerlyn told The Charlotte Observer. "I don't think they've talked to anybody, yet - not even Greg Hardy. That's a shocker to me. I guess they're going to see what the market value of people is and go from there."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around