NFL Trade 2014 Roundup: Contract Extension Expected for 49ers' Anquan Boldin, Ravens' Terrell Suggs, Redskins' DeAngelo Hall and More
By Raymond Ronamai | February 18, 2014 12:37 AM EST
So much has already been written on the NFL 2014 trade, and the latest we hear is that some of the biggest names in the league, like Anquan Boldin, DeAngelo Hall and Terrell Suggs, are likely to extend their contracts, despite earlier reports stating that they would be traded.
San Francisco 49ers: The San Francisco 49ers are negotiating a multi-year extension that could prevent Boldin from being available, when free agents can begin negotiating with other teams on 8 March, according to Matt Maiocco of the CSN Bay Area.
Washington Redskins: Cornerback Hall sparked off rumours of leaving the Washington Redskins by commenting that the team should change their name but the latest we hear is that his contract is likely to be extended. NBC Sports reported, citing a source from the league, that the Redskins and Hall are on the verge of signing a new contract, though nothing has been finalized.
Baltimore Ravens: Suggs, 31, is on the verge of ending his six-year contract and extending his stay with the Ravens. Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun tweeted that Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome is holding a press conference with Suggs on Monday, adding that: "They have been working on a restructured contract-extension."
Pittsburgh Steelers: According to Ray Fittipaldo of Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, veteran Troy Polamalu could be given a contract extension to help him end his career with the team. However, the writer feels that Ryan Clark, 34, is unlikely to sign a new contract.
Carolina Panthers: It is still not sure if cornerback Captain Munnerlyn will return to Charlotte as the team has remained silent on his contract extension.
"It's been real quiet, which is shocking. I don't know what's going on. I'm just waiting. I guess they're going to let everyone hit free agency," Munnerlyn told The Charlotte Observer. "I don't think they've talked to anybody, yet - not even Greg Hardy. That's a shocker to me. I guess they're going to see what the market value of people is and go from there."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga