Meet Britain’s Smallest Teenager [VIDEO]
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 18, 2014 12:36 AM EST
Georgia Rankin is Britain's smallest teenager under 2 feet 8 inches. She is a little shorter than a regular two-year-old kid, the Mirror reported.
Rankin, now 15, suffers from a rare condition called skeletal dysplasia or commonly referred to as dwarfism. It is a medical condition where an individual's body appears generally proportioned but strangely small. Despite her condition, she keeps a positive and optimistic outlook in life. She doesn't let her disability bring her down.
Now that her school prom is fast approaching, she feels the excitement like any other teenager.
"Me and my friends have got a limo, I can't wait," Rankin said. She went on and revealed she found the perfect prom dress that she will wear to the party.
"All my friends are fighting over prom dresses, but nobody will have the same one as me."
Dwarfism is believed to occur in one out of 10,000 births. Rankin may feel a little challenged because of her condition but her good outlook will certainly help her walk through life. No one should feel sorry for her because being short of height does not make her less of a person.
"Whatever my friends can do, I can do basically," she stressed.
"Even though I am in a wheelchair and I am small, I don't see any difference in me."
"Whatever all teenagers do, I can do," she noted.
According to her, people get astonished when they found out about her age. Watch her on the video below. Video courtesy: YouTube/EuroNewsWW
In October, Washington FC Manager Shaun Reid started a campaign to raise funds for Rankin. He wanted to give Rankin a holiday of a lifetime that she'll talk about for years to come and remember all her life. Reid was able to raise £4,550.00 and the child was reportedly thrilled and excited for the life-changing experience. She couldn't be so thankful enough for those persons who have contributed and made her dream come true.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]