Meet Britain’s Smallest Teenager [VIDEO]
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 18, 2014 12:36 AM EST
Georgia Rankin is Britain's smallest teenager under 2 feet 8 inches. She is a little shorter than a regular two-year-old kid, the Mirror reported.
Rankin, now 15, suffers from a rare condition called skeletal dysplasia or commonly referred to as dwarfism. It is a medical condition where an individual's body appears generally proportioned but strangely small. Despite her condition, she keeps a positive and optimistic outlook in life. She doesn't let her disability bring her down.
Now that her school prom is fast approaching, she feels the excitement like any other teenager.
"Me and my friends have got a limo, I can't wait," Rankin said. She went on and revealed she found the perfect prom dress that she will wear to the party.
"All my friends are fighting over prom dresses, but nobody will have the same one as me."
Dwarfism is believed to occur in one out of 10,000 births. Rankin may feel a little challenged because of her condition but her good outlook will certainly help her walk through life. No one should feel sorry for her because being short of height does not make her less of a person.
"Whatever my friends can do, I can do basically," she stressed.
"Even though I am in a wheelchair and I am small, I don't see any difference in me."
"Whatever all teenagers do, I can do," she noted.
According to her, people get astonished when they found out about her age. Watch her on the video below. Video courtesy: YouTube/EuroNewsWW
In October, Washington FC Manager Shaun Reid started a campaign to raise funds for Rankin. He wanted to give Rankin a holiday of a lifetime that she'll talk about for years to come and remember all her life. Reid was able to raise £4,550.00 and the child was reportedly thrilled and excited for the life-changing experience. She couldn't be so thankful enough for those persons who have contributed and made her dream come true.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS