Push Over 2014 All-Ages Music Festival on March 10, 2014 in Melbourne Gets Cancelled [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 17, 2014 11:58 PM EST
The Push Over 2014 All-Ages Music Festival which is scheduled for March 10, 2014 in Melbourne, Australia recently got cancelled because of poor ticket sales. Push Over Festival Director Shane Wickens released a statement on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014 to announce the sad news as well as explain and apologise to the fans of the said music festival.
"We are disappointed to see ticket sales down on previous years, however we know we're in the middle of a very tough summer music festival season. It's now time to revamp the model for the future. We apologise to the artists who have made a commitment to Push Over and to the music fans who have purchased tickets. Refunds are available at the point of sale," said Wickens in the official statement released on Push Over 2014's Web site thepush.com.au.
Push Over is an annual music festival in Australia which is open to all-ages. It has been running for the past 21 years. It has featured a number of Australian acts including Silverchair, Killing Heidi, The Living End and Parkway Drive. According to ticketmaster.com.au, Push Over 2014 was supposed to be held at the Arts Centre Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Kings Domain, Linlithgow Avenue in Victoria (VIC) at 12:00 PM on March 10, 2014.
Music Web site themusic.com.au also said that the Push Over 2014 Music Festival was scheduled to feature artists including Remi, PEZ, The Smith Street Band, Buried In Verona, Deez Nuts, Allday, Dream On Dreamer and Cub Sport.
According to Push Over 2014's official Web site, they will add a new free all-ages music stage to the Moomba Festival on Monday, March 10, 2014 at Birrarung Marr in Melbourne. Push Over will reportedly return in 2015 and the organisers promise that it will be bigger and better than before. Stay tuned for more updates about the Push Over 2015 within this year.
In the meantime, just check out the videos of the Push Over Festivals in 1995, 2012 and 2013 within this article featuring Australian punk rock band Frenzal Rhomb and Australian post-hardcore/metalcore band The Amity Affliction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS