Push Over 2014 All-Ages Music Festival on March 10, 2014 in Melbourne Gets Cancelled [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 17, 2014 11:58 PM EST
The Push Over 2014 All-Ages Music Festival which is scheduled for March 10, 2014 in Melbourne, Australia recently got cancelled because of poor ticket sales. Push Over Festival Director Shane Wickens released a statement on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014 to announce the sad news as well as explain and apologise to the fans of the said music festival.
"We are disappointed to see ticket sales down on previous years, however we know we're in the middle of a very tough summer music festival season. It's now time to revamp the model for the future. We apologise to the artists who have made a commitment to Push Over and to the music fans who have purchased tickets. Refunds are available at the point of sale," said Wickens in the official statement released on Push Over 2014's Web site thepush.com.au.
Push Over is an annual music festival in Australia which is open to all-ages. It has been running for the past 21 years. It has featured a number of Australian acts including Silverchair, Killing Heidi, The Living End and Parkway Drive. According to ticketmaster.com.au, Push Over 2014 was supposed to be held at the Arts Centre Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Kings Domain, Linlithgow Avenue in Victoria (VIC) at 12:00 PM on March 10, 2014.
Music Web site themusic.com.au also said that the Push Over 2014 Music Festival was scheduled to feature artists including Remi, PEZ, The Smith Street Band, Buried In Verona, Deez Nuts, Allday, Dream On Dreamer and Cub Sport.
According to Push Over 2014's official Web site, they will add a new free all-ages music stage to the Moomba Festival on Monday, March 10, 2014 at Birrarung Marr in Melbourne. Push Over will reportedly return in 2015 and the organisers promise that it will be bigger and better than before. Stay tuned for more updates about the Push Over 2015 within this year.
In the meantime, just check out the videos of the Push Over Festivals in 1995, 2012 and 2013 within this article featuring Australian punk rock band Frenzal Rhomb and Australian post-hardcore/metalcore band The Amity Affliction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013