Push Over 2014 All-Ages Music Festival on March 10, 2014 in Melbourne Gets Cancelled [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 17, 2014 11:58 PM EST
The Push Over 2014 All-Ages Music Festival which is scheduled for March 10, 2014 in Melbourne, Australia recently got cancelled because of poor ticket sales. Push Over Festival Director Shane Wickens released a statement on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014 to announce the sad news as well as explain and apologise to the fans of the said music festival.
"We are disappointed to see ticket sales down on previous years, however we know we're in the middle of a very tough summer music festival season. It's now time to revamp the model for the future. We apologise to the artists who have made a commitment to Push Over and to the music fans who have purchased tickets. Refunds are available at the point of sale," said Wickens in the official statement released on Push Over 2014's Web site thepush.com.au.
Push Over is an annual music festival in Australia which is open to all-ages. It has been running for the past 21 years. It has featured a number of Australian acts including Silverchair, Killing Heidi, The Living End and Parkway Drive. According to ticketmaster.com.au, Push Over 2014 was supposed to be held at the Arts Centre Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Kings Domain, Linlithgow Avenue in Victoria (VIC) at 12:00 PM on March 10, 2014.
Music Web site themusic.com.au also said that the Push Over 2014 Music Festival was scheduled to feature artists including Remi, PEZ, The Smith Street Band, Buried In Verona, Deez Nuts, Allday, Dream On Dreamer and Cub Sport.
According to Push Over 2014's official Web site, they will add a new free all-ages music stage to the Moomba Festival on Monday, March 10, 2014 at Birrarung Marr in Melbourne. Push Over will reportedly return in 2015 and the organisers promise that it will be bigger and better than before. Stay tuned for more updates about the Push Over 2015 within this year.
In the meantime, just check out the videos of the Push Over Festivals in 1995, 2012 and 2013 within this article featuring Australian punk rock band Frenzal Rhomb and Australian post-hardcore/metalcore band The Amity Affliction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate