'My Kitchen Rules' NSW Gatecrashers Tresne and Carly Next Up for Instant Restaurant Round as Jess and Felix Get Booted Out [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 17, 2014 10:58 PM EST
In Australia's favourite cooking show "My Kitchen Rules," (MKR), New South Wales (NSW) gatecrashers (G1) Tresne Middleton (estate agent) and Carly Saunders (teacher) are up next for the Instant Restaurant Round. This is MKR's Episode 13 which aired on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014. Meanwhile, Western Australia contestants (WA) Jess Anderson (designer) and Felix Kemmer (miner) of Baroque Haus got booted out on MKR'S Episode 12 (air date: Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014).
Carly and Tresne's restaurant name is Inspire. They ended up with a total of 74 out of 110 points, making them the Top 1 among the lot of amateur chefs competing in "My Kitchen Rules" Series 5.
They got a score of 7 for their entrée dish of Beetroot Tart with Goat's Cheese Mousse and Balsamic Reduction from MKR judges Pete Evans and Manu Feildel. Pete gave them a 9 for their main dish of Beef Fillet with Parsnip Purée, Beetroot & Red Wine Discs and Red Wine Jus while Manu gave them an 8. For their caramel-based dessert, Pete gave them a score of 5 while Manu gave them a 6.
The Inspire Restaurant's design is quirky with mood rings used in place of napkin rings. This is a fun addition to the décor. Carly and Tresne said that this is for the guests who are wondering about their mood.
The food which probably tasted good because they earned high scores was somewhat rich. According to news.com.au, the duo had to buy 100 eggs just for their dessert alone!
As for Jess and Felix, they were eliminated on Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014. It was partly because of the undercooked pork belly that they served during dinner.
"You needed time; you rushed this out. This pork needed at least another half hour if not an hour," reprimanded MKR judge Pete to the team from Western Australia.
On Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, it will be well-travelled friends and Perth contestants Chloe James and Kelly Ramsay's turn to show off their cooking skills again. Their restaurant's name is Nouveau. James and Ramsay are dubbed as the official villains of "My Kitchen Rules" Series 5 in 2014.
Stay tuned for more updates about "My Kitchen Rules" (MKR) Series 5 in the coming days.
Click HERE to see a video of Carly and Tresne from the official "My Kitchen Rules" (MKR) Web site.
'My Kitchen Rules' Competitors Christo Gibson and Bianca Johnston Dating? On-Set Source Reveals They Made Out in Front of Other Contestants (Click HERE)
'My Kitchen Rules' Series 5 Perth Contestants Chloe James and Kelly Ramsay Get Cast as Villains, See Mean Comments from Social Media [WATCH VIDEO] (Click HERE)
'My Kitchen Rules' Contestant Harry Curtis Fractures Neck (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles