'My Kitchen Rules' NSW Gatecrashers Tresne and Carly Next Up for Instant Restaurant Round as Jess and Felix Get Booted Out [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 17, 2014 10:58 PM EST
In Australia's favourite cooking show "My Kitchen Rules," (MKR), New South Wales (NSW) gatecrashers (G1) Tresne Middleton (estate agent) and Carly Saunders (teacher) are up next for the Instant Restaurant Round. This is MKR's Episode 13 which aired on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014. Meanwhile, Western Australia contestants (WA) Jess Anderson (designer) and Felix Kemmer (miner) of Baroque Haus got booted out on MKR'S Episode 12 (air date: Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014).
Carly and Tresne's restaurant name is Inspire. They ended up with a total of 74 out of 110 points, making them the Top 1 among the lot of amateur chefs competing in "My Kitchen Rules" Series 5.
They got a score of 7 for their entrée dish of Beetroot Tart with Goat's Cheese Mousse and Balsamic Reduction from MKR judges Pete Evans and Manu Feildel. Pete gave them a 9 for their main dish of Beef Fillet with Parsnip Purée, Beetroot & Red Wine Discs and Red Wine Jus while Manu gave them an 8. For their caramel-based dessert, Pete gave them a score of 5 while Manu gave them a 6.
The Inspire Restaurant's design is quirky with mood rings used in place of napkin rings. This is a fun addition to the décor. Carly and Tresne said that this is for the guests who are wondering about their mood.
The food which probably tasted good because they earned high scores was somewhat rich. According to news.com.au, the duo had to buy 100 eggs just for their dessert alone!
As for Jess and Felix, they were eliminated on Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014. It was partly because of the undercooked pork belly that they served during dinner.
"You needed time; you rushed this out. This pork needed at least another half hour if not an hour," reprimanded MKR judge Pete to the team from Western Australia.
On Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, it will be well-travelled friends and Perth contestants Chloe James and Kelly Ramsay's turn to show off their cooking skills again. Their restaurant's name is Nouveau. James and Ramsay are dubbed as the official villains of "My Kitchen Rules" Series 5 in 2014.
Stay tuned for more updates about "My Kitchen Rules" (MKR) Series 5 in the coming days.
Click HERE to see a video of Carly and Tresne from the official "My Kitchen Rules" (MKR) Web site.
'My Kitchen Rules' Competitors Christo Gibson and Bianca Johnston Dating? On-Set Source Reveals They Made Out in Front of Other Contestants (Click HERE)
'My Kitchen Rules' Series 5 Perth Contestants Chloe James and Kelly Ramsay Get Cast as Villains, See Mean Comments from Social Media [WATCH VIDEO] (Click HERE)
'My Kitchen Rules' Contestant Harry Curtis Fractures Neck (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia