'My Kitchen Rules' NSW Gatecrashers Tresne and Carly Next Up for Instant Restaurant Round as Jess and Felix Get Booted Out [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 17, 2014 10:58 PM EST
In Australia's favourite cooking show "My Kitchen Rules," (MKR), New South Wales (NSW) gatecrashers (G1) Tresne Middleton (estate agent) and Carly Saunders (teacher) are up next for the Instant Restaurant Round. This is MKR's Episode 13 which aired on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014. Meanwhile, Western Australia contestants (WA) Jess Anderson (designer) and Felix Kemmer (miner) of Baroque Haus got booted out on MKR'S Episode 12 (air date: Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014).
Carly and Tresne's restaurant name is Inspire. They ended up with a total of 74 out of 110 points, making them the Top 1 among the lot of amateur chefs competing in "My Kitchen Rules" Series 5.
They got a score of 7 for their entrée dish of Beetroot Tart with Goat's Cheese Mousse and Balsamic Reduction from MKR judges Pete Evans and Manu Feildel. Pete gave them a 9 for their main dish of Beef Fillet with Parsnip Purée, Beetroot & Red Wine Discs and Red Wine Jus while Manu gave them an 8. For their caramel-based dessert, Pete gave them a score of 5 while Manu gave them a 6.
The Inspire Restaurant's design is quirky with mood rings used in place of napkin rings. This is a fun addition to the décor. Carly and Tresne said that this is for the guests who are wondering about their mood.
The food which probably tasted good because they earned high scores was somewhat rich. According to news.com.au, the duo had to buy 100 eggs just for their dessert alone!
As for Jess and Felix, they were eliminated on Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014. It was partly because of the undercooked pork belly that they served during dinner.
"You needed time; you rushed this out. This pork needed at least another half hour if not an hour," reprimanded MKR judge Pete to the team from Western Australia.
On Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, it will be well-travelled friends and Perth contestants Chloe James and Kelly Ramsay's turn to show off their cooking skills again. Their restaurant's name is Nouveau. James and Ramsay are dubbed as the official villains of "My Kitchen Rules" Series 5 in 2014.
Stay tuned for more updates about "My Kitchen Rules" (MKR) Series 5 in the coming days.
Click HERE to see a video of Carly and Tresne from the official "My Kitchen Rules" (MKR) Web site.
'My Kitchen Rules' Competitors Christo Gibson and Bianca Johnston Dating? On-Set Source Reveals They Made Out in Front of Other Contestants (Click HERE)
'My Kitchen Rules' Series 5 Perth Contestants Chloe James and Kelly Ramsay Get Cast as Villains, See Mean Comments from Social Media [WATCH VIDEO] (Click HERE)
'My Kitchen Rules' Contestant Harry Curtis Fractures Neck (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet