New Fiat Punto Facelift Caught Testing in India
By greeshma m | February 17, 2014 10:57 PM EST
Fiat Eyes Niche Market to Boost Market Share
The test mule of the Punto facelift was caught in Pune, thanks to 'karan561′ at Team-BHP. The car is expected to make its India debut this year.
Regarding the engine specifications, the diesel version of the new Punto Facelift will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm. The petrol model of the Punto facelift will draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine, which can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively. The new avatar of the car is likely to bear changes in its 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard.
Fiat Punto has been on the Indian roads since 2005. Although the company introduced new models of Punto in 2010 and 2012, the original model of the car still continue to hold a place in the market.
Fiat India is reportedly planning to launch four cars in India this year. 2014 Linea facelift will be the first to hit the market, followed by Abarth 500 and the Punto-based Avventura. Though earlier rumours suggested that the 500 Abarth will be produced locally, a new report by NDTV said that the Fiat will not be localised in India.
"Nagesh Basavanhalli, president and managing director, Fiat Chrysler India Operations, had made it quite clear that the 500 Abarth will not be localized but for some odd reason no one paid attention to that statement. Fiat will still import the 500 as a CBU and the Abarth kit too that goes into the car will be imported," NDTV noted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6