New Fiat Punto Facelift Caught Testing in India
By greeshma m | February 17, 2014 10:57 PM EST
Fiat Eyes Niche Market to Boost Market Share
The test mule of the Punto facelift was caught in Pune, thanks to 'karan561′ at Team-BHP. The car is expected to make its India debut this year.
Regarding the engine specifications, the diesel version of the new Punto Facelift will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm. The petrol model of the Punto facelift will draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine, which can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively. The new avatar of the car is likely to bear changes in its 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard.
Fiat Punto has been on the Indian roads since 2005. Although the company introduced new models of Punto in 2010 and 2012, the original model of the car still continue to hold a place in the market.
Fiat India is reportedly planning to launch four cars in India this year. 2014 Linea facelift will be the first to hit the market, followed by Abarth 500 and the Punto-based Avventura. Though earlier rumours suggested that the 500 Abarth will be produced locally, a new report by NDTV said that the Fiat will not be localised in India.
"Nagesh Basavanhalli, president and managing director, Fiat Chrysler India Operations, had made it quite clear that the 500 Abarth will not be localized but for some odd reason no one paid attention to that statement. Fiat will still import the 500 as a CBU and the Abarth kit too that goes into the car will be imported," NDTV noted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People