New Fiat Punto Facelift Caught Testing in India
By greeshma m | February 17, 2014 10:57 PM EST
Fiat Eyes Niche Market to Boost Market Share
The test mule of the Punto facelift was caught in Pune, thanks to 'karan561′ at Team-BHP. The car is expected to make its India debut this year.
Regarding the engine specifications, the diesel version of the new Punto Facelift will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm. The petrol model of the Punto facelift will draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine, which can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively. The new avatar of the car is likely to bear changes in its 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard.
Fiat Punto has been on the Indian roads since 2005. Although the company introduced new models of Punto in 2010 and 2012, the original model of the car still continue to hold a place in the market.
Fiat India is reportedly planning to launch four cars in India this year. 2014 Linea facelift will be the first to hit the market, followed by Abarth 500 and the Punto-based Avventura. Though earlier rumours suggested that the 500 Abarth will be produced locally, a new report by NDTV said that the Fiat will not be localised in India.
"Nagesh Basavanhalli, president and managing director, Fiat Chrysler India Operations, had made it quite clear that the 500 Abarth will not be localized but for some odd reason no one paid attention to that statement. Fiat will still import the 500 as a CBU and the Abarth kit too that goes into the car will be imported," NDTV noted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS