Box Office Collection: ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ Rock Steady; 'Jai Ho' Completes 25 Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Sidharth Malhotra-Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" continues to perform well, despite the release of "Gunday" on Friday (14 February).
The film has minted ₹5.11 crore in its second weekend and its total collections (till 16 February) stand at over ₹33 crore.
"#HaseeTohPhasee [Wknd 2] Fri 1.45 cr, Sat 1.60 cr, Sun 2.06 cr. Total: ₹ 5.11 cr. Grand total: ₹ 33 cr+ nett. Rock-steady!," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Hasee Toh Phasee", from the house of Dharma Productions and Phantom Productions, has turned out to be a profitable venture for its makers.
The film's landing cost, including print and advertising expenditure, amounts to ₹24 crore. The makers have already recovered ₹21.5 crore from satellite rights, musical rights and overseas theatrical rights. The rest of the invested amount was recovered from India theatrical within the first weekend itself, according to Taran.
Directed by Vinil Mathew, "Hasee Toh Phasee" is a romantic comedy with Sidharth, Parineeti and Adah Sharma appearing in pivotal roles. Despite hitting the screens along with a string of other releases on the same day (7 February), "Hasee Toh Phasee" managed to garner positive reviews from critics as well as audience. The performances of the lead actors have come in for appreciation from all side.
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
"Jai Ho", which released on 24 January, was expected to set a record opening on the first day. However, the film failed to do so and posted only decent first day collections. The film's opening weekend collections amounted to more than ₹60 crore at the Indian box office.
Though "Jai Ho" performed well in the initial days, the film's collections dropped significantly from its second week. Its business slowed down, owing to new releases, and its performance was disappointing in the third week. The film's overall collections from India stand at over ₹115 crore.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter