Box Office Collection: ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ Rock Steady; 'Jai Ho' Completes 25 Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Sidharth Malhotra-Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" continues to perform well, despite the release of "Gunday" on Friday (14 February).
The film has minted ₹5.11 crore in its second weekend and its total collections (till 16 February) stand at over ₹33 crore.
"#HaseeTohPhasee [Wknd 2] Fri 1.45 cr, Sat 1.60 cr, Sun 2.06 cr. Total: ₹ 5.11 cr. Grand total: ₹ 33 cr+ nett. Rock-steady!," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Hasee Toh Phasee", from the house of Dharma Productions and Phantom Productions, has turned out to be a profitable venture for its makers.
The film's landing cost, including print and advertising expenditure, amounts to ₹24 crore. The makers have already recovered ₹21.5 crore from satellite rights, musical rights and overseas theatrical rights. The rest of the invested amount was recovered from India theatrical within the first weekend itself, according to Taran.
Directed by Vinil Mathew, "Hasee Toh Phasee" is a romantic comedy with Sidharth, Parineeti and Adah Sharma appearing in pivotal roles. Despite hitting the screens along with a string of other releases on the same day (7 February), "Hasee Toh Phasee" managed to garner positive reviews from critics as well as audience. The performances of the lead actors have come in for appreciation from all side.
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
"Jai Ho", which released on 24 January, was expected to set a record opening on the first day. However, the film failed to do so and posted only decent first day collections. The film's opening weekend collections amounted to more than ₹60 crore at the Indian box office.
Though "Jai Ho" performed well in the initial days, the film's collections dropped significantly from its second week. Its business slowed down, owing to new releases, and its performance was disappointing in the third week. The film's overall collections from India stand at over ₹115 crore.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools