Box Office Collection: ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ Rock Steady; 'Jai Ho' Completes 25 Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Sidharth Malhotra-Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" continues to perform well, despite the release of "Gunday" on Friday (14 February).
The film has minted ₹5.11 crore in its second weekend and its total collections (till 16 February) stand at over ₹33 crore.
"#HaseeTohPhasee [Wknd 2] Fri 1.45 cr, Sat 1.60 cr, Sun 2.06 cr. Total: ₹ 5.11 cr. Grand total: ₹ 33 cr+ nett. Rock-steady!," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Hasee Toh Phasee", from the house of Dharma Productions and Phantom Productions, has turned out to be a profitable venture for its makers.
The film's landing cost, including print and advertising expenditure, amounts to ₹24 crore. The makers have already recovered ₹21.5 crore from satellite rights, musical rights and overseas theatrical rights. The rest of the invested amount was recovered from India theatrical within the first weekend itself, according to Taran.
Directed by Vinil Mathew, "Hasee Toh Phasee" is a romantic comedy with Sidharth, Parineeti and Adah Sharma appearing in pivotal roles. Despite hitting the screens along with a string of other releases on the same day (7 February), "Hasee Toh Phasee" managed to garner positive reviews from critics as well as audience. The performances of the lead actors have come in for appreciation from all side.
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
"Jai Ho", which released on 24 January, was expected to set a record opening on the first day. However, the film failed to do so and posted only decent first day collections. The film's opening weekend collections amounted to more than ₹60 crore at the Indian box office.
Though "Jai Ho" performed well in the initial days, the film's collections dropped significantly from its second week. Its business slowed down, owing to new releases, and its performance was disappointing in the third week. The film's overall collections from India stand at over ₹115 crore.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Lady Gaga Turns Greek Goddess In A Sea Shell Bra And Pair Of Thongs: Shares Racy Photos From Her Bathroom
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order