Box Office Collection: ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ Rock Steady; 'Jai Ho' Completes 25 Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Sidharth Malhotra-Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" continues to perform well, despite the release of "Gunday" on Friday (14 February).
The film has minted ₹5.11 crore in its second weekend and its total collections (till 16 February) stand at over ₹33 crore.
"#HaseeTohPhasee [Wknd 2] Fri 1.45 cr, Sat 1.60 cr, Sun 2.06 cr. Total: ₹ 5.11 cr. Grand total: ₹ 33 cr+ nett. Rock-steady!," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Hasee Toh Phasee", from the house of Dharma Productions and Phantom Productions, has turned out to be a profitable venture for its makers.
The film's landing cost, including print and advertising expenditure, amounts to ₹24 crore. The makers have already recovered ₹21.5 crore from satellite rights, musical rights and overseas theatrical rights. The rest of the invested amount was recovered from India theatrical within the first weekend itself, according to Taran.
Directed by Vinil Mathew, "Hasee Toh Phasee" is a romantic comedy with Sidharth, Parineeti and Adah Sharma appearing in pivotal roles. Despite hitting the screens along with a string of other releases on the same day (7 February), "Hasee Toh Phasee" managed to garner positive reviews from critics as well as audience. The performances of the lead actors have come in for appreciation from all side.
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
"Jai Ho", which released on 24 January, was expected to set a record opening on the first day. However, the film failed to do so and posted only decent first day collections. The film's opening weekend collections amounted to more than ₹60 crore at the Indian box office.
Though "Jai Ho" performed well in the initial days, the film's collections dropped significantly from its second week. Its business slowed down, owing to new releases, and its performance was disappointing in the third week. The film's overall collections from India stand at over ₹115 crore.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu