Box Office Collection: ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ Rock Steady; 'Jai Ho' Completes 25 Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Sidharth Malhotra-Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" continues to perform well, despite the release of "Gunday" on Friday (14 February).
The film has minted ₹5.11 crore in its second weekend and its total collections (till 16 February) stand at over ₹33 crore.
"#HaseeTohPhasee [Wknd 2] Fri 1.45 cr, Sat 1.60 cr, Sun 2.06 cr. Total: ₹ 5.11 cr. Grand total: ₹ 33 cr+ nett. Rock-steady!," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Hasee Toh Phasee", from the house of Dharma Productions and Phantom Productions, has turned out to be a profitable venture for its makers.
The film's landing cost, including print and advertising expenditure, amounts to ₹24 crore. The makers have already recovered ₹21.5 crore from satellite rights, musical rights and overseas theatrical rights. The rest of the invested amount was recovered from India theatrical within the first weekend itself, according to Taran.
Directed by Vinil Mathew, "Hasee Toh Phasee" is a romantic comedy with Sidharth, Parineeti and Adah Sharma appearing in pivotal roles. Despite hitting the screens along with a string of other releases on the same day (7 February), "Hasee Toh Phasee" managed to garner positive reviews from critics as well as audience. The performances of the lead actors have come in for appreciation from all side.
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
"Jai Ho", which released on 24 January, was expected to set a record opening on the first day. However, the film failed to do so and posted only decent first day collections. The film's opening weekend collections amounted to more than ₹60 crore at the Indian box office.
Though "Jai Ho" performed well in the initial days, the film's collections dropped significantly from its second week. Its business slowed down, owing to new releases, and its performance was disappointing in the third week. The film's overall collections from India stand at over ₹115 crore.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy