Bode Miller is Driven to Tears by NBC Interviewer; Netizens Furious
By Keerthi Mohan | February 17, 2014 8:36 PM EST
Bode Miller won a bronze medal in the men’s super-G competition and became the oldest Olympic Alpine medalist ever at the age of 36. Miller's bronze was his sixth in alpine skiing.
While this is quite a feat he has achieved, he was trending on Twitter for a totally different reason – his emotional post game interview, where NBC reporter Christin Cooper questioned him about his brother, Chelone, who passed away last year.
Third-placed Bode Miller (R) of the U.S. cries after the men's alpine skiing Super-G competition during the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics at the Rosa Khutor Alpine Cente February 16, 2014.
Chelone, a professional snowboarder, was 29 when he died of seizure and according to reports, it was his dream to compete in the Olympics with his brother.
Although it was Miller who brought up the topic of his brother saying, "With my brother passing away, I really wanted to come back here and race the way he sends it," Cooper has been criticized for pressing him to talk more about Chelone.
“When you’re looking up in the sky at the start, we see you there and it just looks like you’re talking to somebody. What’s going on there?" she asked an emotional Miller.
Since the interview’s telecast, Cooper has been under constant criticism from Twittersphere with many saying she was out of line with the interview.
But Miller soon defended Cooper with a number of tweets saying that she should not be blamed for his emotional state.
“Thanks for all the support, today was one of the most emotional days of my life. I miss my brother.”
“I appreciate everyone sticking up for me. Please be gentle w christin cooper, it was crazy emotional and not all her fault. #heatofthemoment,” he wrote.
“My emotions were very raw, she asked the questions that every interviewer would have, pushing is part of it, she wasnt trying to cause pain,” Miller added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes