Arsenal FC News: Giroud Apologises for Lewd Hotel Room Incident on Social Media
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 17, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud issued an apology using his twitter account for engaging in lewd acts with model Celia Kay the night before the Gunners took on Crystal Palace on February 2.
“I apologise to my wife, family and friends and my manager, team-mates and Arsenal fans.” - Olivier Giroud
The French international, initially, denied such allegations and rumours, but Kay exposed a photo that shows Giroud with only his underwear on.
"Olivier knows the truth and the fact that he lied about us is pathetic," Kay told The Sun.
— 101 Great Goals (@101greatgoals) February 16, 2014
For his part, the former Montpellier man put an end to the buzz by implicitly admitting his guilt over social media. "I apologise to my wife, family and friends and my manager, team-mates and Arsenal fans," Giroud tweeted. "I now have to fight for my family and for my club and obtain their forgiveness. Nothing else matters at the moment."
I apologise to my wife, family and friends and my manager, team-mates and Arsenal fans. — Olivier Giroud (@_OlivierGiroud_) February 16, 2014
I now have to fight for my family and for my club and obtain their forgiveness. Nothing else matters at the moment.
— Olivier Giroud (@_OlivierGiroud_) February 16, 2014
Meanwhile, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger disclosed that the Gunners hitman will be meted with the proper sanction without compromising the player's privacy.
"He has made a statement. For the rest we will deal with it internally. I want to respect his privacy," Wenger told The Telegraph.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’