Android 4.4 KitKat Update Coming for HTC One Max in March, One Mini in April
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 17, 2014 7:46 PM EST
"We already have 4.4 updates in the works for both Mini and Max devices and you can track the progress on our software updates page. You should see this land as early as March for the Max and April for Mini," HTC U.S. Product Team claimed on Reddit.
Although the HTC statement aforementioned only pertains for North American users, HTC users from other regions of the world should get their updates around that time frame as well because we have seen such in previous HTC One updates.
Meanwhile, HTC is rumoured to be releasing a Nexus tablet in 2014 but there have not been any information on the screen size just yet. Now, another report from the Digitimes claimed that HTC might launch the next generation Nexus 10 tablet.
"HTC reportedly will team up with Google again and will jointly launch the next-generation Nexus 10 tablet, according to industry sources," reported by the Digitimes.
However, taking into consideration that Google skipped the Nexus 10 2 launch last year, we must take this rumour with a grain of salt. In fact, if HTC makes a Nexus tablet, it is more likely to be a 7 inches or 8 inches, which are within the screen-size range of the Nexus 7 2013. Also the 10 inches Android tablet has not been the type of reception that Google or any other Android producer might have hoped. On the other hand, the 7 inches models are still selling; therefore, it makes sense that HTC will manufacture the latter.
At this point, nothing is made official by HTC just yet but it is worth noting that in the past, HTC turned down Google's proposal to collaborate in making the Nexus 7 in 2012, which forced Google to work with Asustek Computer for its successful 7 inches tablet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health