Hyundai ix25 Surface Online in New Spy Shots, to Rival Ford Ecosport; Specs and Launch Details
By greeshma m | February 17, 2014 7:37 PM EST
It seems South Korean auto major Hyundai is leaving no stone unturned in their attempts to expand the company's business in India. The company's upcoming mini SUV Hyundai ix25, a strong rival of Ford's fortune changer EcoSport, has been caught again, during its winter test in China.
The logo of Hyundai Motor Co. is seen on a wheel of a car at a Hyundai dealership in Seoul October 21, 2013.
Chinese auto portal Auto.Sohu has released a new set of spy shots of Hyundai's compact SUV ix25. Although the new images show the test mule of the ix25 fully camouflaged in a black swathe, it gives a sneak peak into the interiors of the vehicle.
Based on Hyundai's next-generation i20, the new SUV ix25 is likely to be positioned under the ix35 and is expected to make its global debut at the upcoming Beijing Motor Show which is scheduled to be held in April. Chinese media reports that the vehicle will make its Chinese entry by the end of this year. India debut of the vehicle is also likely to be around the same time. The car flaunts Hyundai Curb Concept and is reported to have a wheelbase of 2,570 mm.
Talking of its engine specifications, rumours are rife that the new SUV of Hyundai would draw its power from 1.0 litre, direct injection, turbocharged petrol engine. The previous images of the SUV ix25 revealed that the car is likely to accommodate decent legroom at the rear, adjustable headrests and rear air con vents.
Earlier last week, Hyundai's new gen 2015 i20 spied testing in India. The car which is expected to hit the market in this year is one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years. The India specific version of new i20 is expected to pack 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmission.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]