Hyundai ix25 Surface Online in New Spy Shots, to Rival Ford Ecosport; Specs and Launch Details
By greeshma m | February 17, 2014 7:37 PM EST
It seems South Korean auto major Hyundai is leaving no stone unturned in their attempts to expand the company's business in India. The company's upcoming mini SUV Hyundai ix25, a strong rival of Ford's fortune changer EcoSport, has been caught again, during its winter test in China.
The logo of Hyundai Motor Co. is seen on a wheel of a car at a Hyundai dealership in Seoul October 21, 2013.
Chinese auto portal Auto.Sohu has released a new set of spy shots of Hyundai's compact SUV ix25. Although the new images show the test mule of the ix25 fully camouflaged in a black swathe, it gives a sneak peak into the interiors of the vehicle.
Based on Hyundai's next-generation i20, the new SUV ix25 is likely to be positioned under the ix35 and is expected to make its global debut at the upcoming Beijing Motor Show which is scheduled to be held in April. Chinese media reports that the vehicle will make its Chinese entry by the end of this year. India debut of the vehicle is also likely to be around the same time. The car flaunts Hyundai Curb Concept and is reported to have a wheelbase of 2,570 mm.
Talking of its engine specifications, rumours are rife that the new SUV of Hyundai would draw its power from 1.0 litre, direct injection, turbocharged petrol engine. The previous images of the SUV ix25 revealed that the car is likely to accommodate decent legroom at the rear, adjustable headrests and rear air con vents.
Earlier last week, Hyundai's new gen 2015 i20 spied testing in India. The car which is expected to hit the market in this year is one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years. The India specific version of new i20 is expected to pack 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmission.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June