Georges St. Pierre Will Return to the Cage on Feb. 28
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 17, 2014 7:29 PM EST
Georges St. Pierre will return to the cage on Feb 28. to meet the winner of BacardiMMA contest.
BacardiMMA was a contest sponsored by Bacardi Canada where the lucky winner gets the chance to train in the cage with a mixed martial arts (MMA) champion. The lucky winner has been chosen and he will be facing Georges St. Pierre in the cage on Feb 28.
MMA: UFC 167-St-Pierre vs Hendricks
The former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight champion has a message for the winner. "It's George, eat a good breakfast because we're gonna get in the cage together, soon," said St. Pierre.
After St. Pierre announced his decision to temporarily step away from the octagon ring in December, people have always wanted to know when he will be coming back. Freddie Roach said in an interview that if St. Pierre does not return in two years, he will be gone for good.
In a news article published by MMAFighting.com, St. Pierre said that he has not totally ruled out the possibility of fighting in the UFC again. The Web site translated St. Pierre's interview with Combate, a Brazilian Web site. Apparently, St. Pierre is really not closing his doors to UFC. He's more than willing to make a comeback to the octagon ring, only if the circumstances are right.
"Maybe one day, if the things happen like I think they should happen, I'll return," said St. Pierre.
"I don't know how long it may take, but I'm waiting."
St. Pierre said that he isn't also ruling out any possibility of fighting Anderson Silva and Brock Lesnar if he really chooses to come back.
"I would fight Anderson Silva, I would even fight Brock Lesnar if it's a fair fight for both."
People don't really know what's going in St. Pierre's mind. His decision to take a break from MMA might be his way to eventually step down from the brutal sport or it may really be his way of working on strength training and conditioning so that he even be a better fighter when he comes back.
What do you think? Will St. Pierre make a comeback to UFC before 2014 ends or will he decide to retire instead?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery