Georges St. Pierre Will Return to the Cage on Feb. 28
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 17, 2014 7:29 PM EST
Georges St. Pierre will return to the cage on Feb 28. to meet the winner of BacardiMMA contest.
BacardiMMA was a contest sponsored by Bacardi Canada where the lucky winner gets the chance to train in the cage with a mixed martial arts (MMA) champion. The lucky winner has been chosen and he will be facing Georges St. Pierre in the cage on Feb 28.
MMA: UFC 167-St-Pierre vs Hendricks
The former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight champion has a message for the winner. "It's George, eat a good breakfast because we're gonna get in the cage together, soon," said St. Pierre.
After St. Pierre announced his decision to temporarily step away from the octagon ring in December, people have always wanted to know when he will be coming back. Freddie Roach said in an interview that if St. Pierre does not return in two years, he will be gone for good.
In a news article published by MMAFighting.com, St. Pierre said that he has not totally ruled out the possibility of fighting in the UFC again. The Web site translated St. Pierre's interview with Combate, a Brazilian Web site. Apparently, St. Pierre is really not closing his doors to UFC. He's more than willing to make a comeback to the octagon ring, only if the circumstances are right.
"Maybe one day, if the things happen like I think they should happen, I'll return," said St. Pierre.
"I don't know how long it may take, but I'm waiting."
St. Pierre said that he isn't also ruling out any possibility of fighting Anderson Silva and Brock Lesnar if he really chooses to come back.
"I would fight Anderson Silva, I would even fight Brock Lesnar if it's a fair fight for both."
People don't really know what's going in St. Pierre's mind. His decision to take a break from MMA might be his way to eventually step down from the brutal sport or it may really be his way of working on strength training and conditioning so that he even be a better fighter when he comes back.
What do you think? Will St. Pierre make a comeback to UFC before 2014 ends or will he decide to retire instead?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase