Men's Hockey Schedule 2014 Olympics Sochi Ice Matchups: Playoff Qualification Round Date and Times Schedule on NBC
By Vanessa Francisco | February 17, 2014 7:12 PM EST
The quarterfinal round and qualification round matchups are all ready for the men's playoff 2014 Olympics Sochi tournament. The game times will not be released until Feb. 17. But the first games that will happen on Tuesday, Feb. 18 and who the teams will continue to face later on are listed below.
The Men's ice hockey tournament will have four playoff qualification matchups. The first is set for 12:00 A.M E.T., the second will be at 4.40 P.M. E.T. and the third and fourth games will be at 11:00 P.M. E.T. The ice hockey action can be watched on NBC.
Switzerland v. Latvia
Switzerland landed a competition against Latvia with a 1-0 loss and two 1-0 wins. Latvia is the other team that did not score a point during pool play but it was also the team that made Switzerland scoreless for almost 60 minutes. The winner between Switzerland and Latvia will face Canada.
Russia v. Norway - After Olympics host Russia lost to the U.S.A. and won over Slovakia, they are the highest seeded team to enter the qualification round and play on Tuesday. Russia will face Norway, which is one of the two teams that did not score a point throughout pool play. The winner between Russia v. Norway will face Finland.
Austria v. Slovenia
The Slovenians are worried in the finale after Anze Kopitar's early departure but he is ready to go as Slovenia continues with its first Olympic Hockey tournament. The team will face Austria, which has the leading goal scorer, Michael Grabner and other NHL players. The winner between Austria and Slovenia will face Sweden.
Czech Republic v. Slovakia
The Czech Republic and Slovakia teams do not like each other, making it a very intriguing qualification game on the schedule. Both teams found their footing much later in the pool play. Slovakia lost to Russia after a good performance while Czech Republic is getting better at goaltending care of Ondrej Pavelec even after being beaten by Switzerland. The winner between Czech Republic and Slovakia will face the United States.
The Americans and Canadians could compete in a semifinal round with both teams playing for gold in the 2010 Olympic games in Vancouver. The United States will not compete against Sweden or Russia until the Gold Medal game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones