Men's Hockey Schedule 2014 Olympics Sochi Ice Matchups: Playoff Qualification Round Date and Times Schedule on NBC
By Vanessa Francisco | February 17, 2014 7:12 PM EST
The quarterfinal round and qualification round matchups are all ready for the men's playoff 2014 Olympics Sochi tournament. The game times will not be released until Feb. 17. But the first games that will happen on Tuesday, Feb. 18 and who the teams will continue to face later on are listed below.
The Men's ice hockey tournament will have four playoff qualification matchups. The first is set for 12:00 A.M E.T., the second will be at 4.40 P.M. E.T. and the third and fourth games will be at 11:00 P.M. E.T. The ice hockey action can be watched on NBC.
Switzerland v. Latvia
Switzerland landed a competition against Latvia with a 1-0 loss and two 1-0 wins. Latvia is the other team that did not score a point during pool play but it was also the team that made Switzerland scoreless for almost 60 minutes. The winner between Switzerland and Latvia will face Canada.
Russia v. Norway - After Olympics host Russia lost to the U.S.A. and won over Slovakia, they are the highest seeded team to enter the qualification round and play on Tuesday. Russia will face Norway, which is one of the two teams that did not score a point throughout pool play. The winner between Russia v. Norway will face Finland.
Austria v. Slovenia
The Slovenians are worried in the finale after Anze Kopitar's early departure but he is ready to go as Slovenia continues with its first Olympic Hockey tournament. The team will face Austria, which has the leading goal scorer, Michael Grabner and other NHL players. The winner between Austria and Slovenia will face Sweden.
Czech Republic v. Slovakia
The Czech Republic and Slovakia teams do not like each other, making it a very intriguing qualification game on the schedule. Both teams found their footing much later in the pool play. Slovakia lost to Russia after a good performance while Czech Republic is getting better at goaltending care of Ondrej Pavelec even after being beaten by Switzerland. The winner between Czech Republic and Slovakia will face the United States.
The Americans and Canadians could compete in a semifinal round with both teams playing for gold in the 2010 Olympic games in Vancouver. The United States will not compete against Sweden or Russia until the Gold Medal game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS