Men's Hockey Schedule 2014 Olympics Sochi Ice Matchups: Playoff Qualification Round Date and Times Schedule on NBC
By Vanessa Francisco | February 17, 2014 7:12 PM EST
The quarterfinal round and qualification round matchups are all ready for the men's playoff 2014 Olympics Sochi tournament. The game times will not be released until Feb. 17. But the first games that will happen on Tuesday, Feb. 18 and who the teams will continue to face later on are listed below.
The Men's ice hockey tournament will have four playoff qualification matchups. The first is set for 12:00 A.M E.T., the second will be at 4.40 P.M. E.T. and the third and fourth games will be at 11:00 P.M. E.T. The ice hockey action can be watched on NBC.
Switzerland v. Latvia
Switzerland landed a competition against Latvia with a 1-0 loss and two 1-0 wins. Latvia is the other team that did not score a point during pool play but it was also the team that made Switzerland scoreless for almost 60 minutes. The winner between Switzerland and Latvia will face Canada.
Russia v. Norway - After Olympics host Russia lost to the U.S.A. and won over Slovakia, they are the highest seeded team to enter the qualification round and play on Tuesday. Russia will face Norway, which is one of the two teams that did not score a point throughout pool play. The winner between Russia v. Norway will face Finland.
Austria v. Slovenia
The Slovenians are worried in the finale after Anze Kopitar's early departure but he is ready to go as Slovenia continues with its first Olympic Hockey tournament. The team will face Austria, which has the leading goal scorer, Michael Grabner and other NHL players. The winner between Austria and Slovenia will face Sweden.
Czech Republic v. Slovakia
The Czech Republic and Slovakia teams do not like each other, making it a very intriguing qualification game on the schedule. Both teams found their footing much later in the pool play. Slovakia lost to Russia after a good performance while Czech Republic is getting better at goaltending care of Ondrej Pavelec even after being beaten by Switzerland. The winner between Czech Republic and Slovakia will face the United States.
The Americans and Canadians could compete in a semifinal round with both teams playing for gold in the 2010 Olympic games in Vancouver. The United States will not compete against Sweden or Russia until the Gold Medal game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install