Men's Hockey Schedule 2014 Olympics Sochi Ice Matchups: Playoff Qualification Round Date and Times Schedule on NBC
By Vanessa Francisco | February 17, 2014 7:12 PM EST
The quarterfinal round and qualification round matchups are all ready for the men's playoff 2014 Olympics Sochi tournament. The game times will not be released until Feb. 17. But the first games that will happen on Tuesday, Feb. 18 and who the teams will continue to face later on are listed below.
The Men's ice hockey tournament will have four playoff qualification matchups. The first is set for 12:00 A.M E.T., the second will be at 4.40 P.M. E.T. and the third and fourth games will be at 11:00 P.M. E.T. The ice hockey action can be watched on NBC.
Switzerland v. Latvia
Switzerland landed a competition against Latvia with a 1-0 loss and two 1-0 wins. Latvia is the other team that did not score a point during pool play but it was also the team that made Switzerland scoreless for almost 60 minutes. The winner between Switzerland and Latvia will face Canada.
Russia v. Norway - After Olympics host Russia lost to the U.S.A. and won over Slovakia, they are the highest seeded team to enter the qualification round and play on Tuesday. Russia will face Norway, which is one of the two teams that did not score a point throughout pool play. The winner between Russia v. Norway will face Finland.
Austria v. Slovenia
The Slovenians are worried in the finale after Anze Kopitar's early departure but he is ready to go as Slovenia continues with its first Olympic Hockey tournament. The team will face Austria, which has the leading goal scorer, Michael Grabner and other NHL players. The winner between Austria and Slovenia will face Sweden.
Czech Republic v. Slovakia
The Czech Republic and Slovakia teams do not like each other, making it a very intriguing qualification game on the schedule. Both teams found their footing much later in the pool play. Slovakia lost to Russia after a good performance while Czech Republic is getting better at goaltending care of Ondrej Pavelec even after being beaten by Switzerland. The winner between Czech Republic and Slovakia will face the United States.
The Americans and Canadians could compete in a semifinal round with both teams playing for gold in the 2010 Olympic games in Vancouver. The United States will not compete against Sweden or Russia until the Gold Medal game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015