Men's Hockey Schedule 2014 Olympics Sochi Ice Matchups: Playoff Qualification Round Date and Times Schedule on NBC
By Vanessa Francisco | February 17, 2014 7:12 PM EST
The quarterfinal round and qualification round matchups are all ready for the men's playoff 2014 Olympics Sochi tournament. The game times will not be released until Feb. 17. But the first games that will happen on Tuesday, Feb. 18 and who the teams will continue to face later on are listed below.
The Men's ice hockey tournament will have four playoff qualification matchups. The first is set for 12:00 A.M E.T., the second will be at 4.40 P.M. E.T. and the third and fourth games will be at 11:00 P.M. E.T. The ice hockey action can be watched on NBC.
Switzerland v. Latvia
Switzerland landed a competition against Latvia with a 1-0 loss and two 1-0 wins. Latvia is the other team that did not score a point during pool play but it was also the team that made Switzerland scoreless for almost 60 minutes. The winner between Switzerland and Latvia will face Canada.
Russia v. Norway - After Olympics host Russia lost to the U.S.A. and won over Slovakia, they are the highest seeded team to enter the qualification round and play on Tuesday. Russia will face Norway, which is one of the two teams that did not score a point throughout pool play. The winner between Russia v. Norway will face Finland.
Austria v. Slovenia
The Slovenians are worried in the finale after Anze Kopitar's early departure but he is ready to go as Slovenia continues with its first Olympic Hockey tournament. The team will face Austria, which has the leading goal scorer, Michael Grabner and other NHL players. The winner between Austria and Slovenia will face Sweden.
Czech Republic v. Slovakia
The Czech Republic and Slovakia teams do not like each other, making it a very intriguing qualification game on the schedule. Both teams found their footing much later in the pool play. Slovakia lost to Russia after a good performance while Czech Republic is getting better at goaltending care of Ondrej Pavelec even after being beaten by Switzerland. The winner between Czech Republic and Slovakia will face the United States.
The Americans and Canadians could compete in a semifinal round with both teams playing for gold in the 2010 Olympic games in Vancouver. The United States will not compete against Sweden or Russia until the Gold Medal game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate