'RHONJ' Star Teresa Giudice Fraud Trial Date Moved Sooner?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 17, 2014 6:55 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Teresa Guidice and husband Joe Guidice have been charged with 41 counts of fraud in the summer of 2013. Six months after, Teresa is now ready to face the trial proceedings. She is reportedly rushing to kickoff the date of their pretrial hearing. She requested a federal judge to schedule an earlier date and plans to ask for her and Joe to have separate trials. The couple could face 50 years in prison.
The couple is charged with bankruptcy fraud, conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud, bank fraud and making false statements on loan applications. Prosecutors claim the Guidices earned around $4.6 million in withdrawals, mortgages from home equity lines of construction and credit loans and mortgages. According to Radar Online, Teresa's lawyer has already filed a letter to move up the court date and have her trial started. "As of now, the motions' possible impact on the trial schedule, we respectfully request the Court to consider moving the hearing on retrial motions up to the earliest convenient time for the Court to hear the motions and render a decision," reads the letter.
Why would Teresa want to move up the trial? Joe has not been cooperative with the proceedings. Teresa and Joe reportedly want to have separate trials because they feel they would be able to defend themselves better separately. However, the prosecutors want them tried together. "He has provided false testimony under oath on multiple occasions," The opposition motion reads. "There is no guarantee that he would testify at all because his lawyers have previously said he would not."
Meanwhile, there have been rumours that Teresa is already seeking divorce from Joe, who is reportedly cheating on her with a younger woman. Reports claim that: "Joe sat across from a very attractive woman, who was probably in her 30s. She had long brown hair and was dressed in knee-high stiletto boots, carrying what looked like an expensive purse."
Teresa's loyalty has also been questioned after rumours about Joe's affairs started circulating around. "I think she is finally starting to realize that she better cover her own a**. She has four kids and even supporting Joe. Could you imagine supporting some bastard who runs around spending your money on somebody else?" A source said. "Awful. I do not get it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique