'RHONJ' Star Teresa Giudice Fraud Trial Date Moved Sooner?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 17, 2014 6:55 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Teresa Guidice and husband Joe Guidice have been charged with 41 counts of fraud in the summer of 2013. Six months after, Teresa is now ready to face the trial proceedings. She is reportedly rushing to kickoff the date of their pretrial hearing. She requested a federal judge to schedule an earlier date and plans to ask for her and Joe to have separate trials. The couple could face 50 years in prison.
The couple is charged with bankruptcy fraud, conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud, bank fraud and making false statements on loan applications. Prosecutors claim the Guidices earned around $4.6 million in withdrawals, mortgages from home equity lines of construction and credit loans and mortgages. According to Radar Online, Teresa's lawyer has already filed a letter to move up the court date and have her trial started. "As of now, the motions' possible impact on the trial schedule, we respectfully request the Court to consider moving the hearing on retrial motions up to the earliest convenient time for the Court to hear the motions and render a decision," reads the letter.
Why would Teresa want to move up the trial? Joe has not been cooperative with the proceedings. Teresa and Joe reportedly want to have separate trials because they feel they would be able to defend themselves better separately. However, the prosecutors want them tried together. "He has provided false testimony under oath on multiple occasions," The opposition motion reads. "There is no guarantee that he would testify at all because his lawyers have previously said he would not."
Meanwhile, there have been rumours that Teresa is already seeking divorce from Joe, who is reportedly cheating on her with a younger woman. Reports claim that: "Joe sat across from a very attractive woman, who was probably in her 30s. She had long brown hair and was dressed in knee-high stiletto boots, carrying what looked like an expensive purse."
Teresa's loyalty has also been questioned after rumours about Joe's affairs started circulating around. "I think she is finally starting to realize that she better cover her own a**. She has four kids and even supporting Joe. Could you imagine supporting some bastard who runs around spending your money on somebody else?" A source said. "Awful. I do not get it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Proposes To 'Elena Williams' In Promo Trailer For Episode 4 Titled 'Black Hole Sun' [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge