Datsun 'Go' Hatchback Bookings Open in India; Price And Delivery Details
By greeshma m | February 17, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Datsun Go Hatchback Bookings Open In India
Nissan, which revived the Datsun brand after almost three decades, will be selling its budget cars under this brand. Datsun Go, the Nissan's first budget offering, had made its appearance at the recently concluded Delhi auto Expo in all its four colours. The company, which started the production of Datsun Go at the Renault-Nissan alliance plant at Oragadam in Chennai, is expected to start the delivery of the vehicle in March.
When launched, Nissan's Datsun Go will take on the likes of India's best selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Alto K10 and the Hyundai Eon. Priced in the sub ₹4 lakh range in the domestic market, "Go" hatchback will come with 1.2-litre petrol engine under the hood which can churn out a power of 74bhp and a torque of 104Nm. It is mated to five-speed manual transmission and the car is based on the Nissan's Micra platform and claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6 kmpl. It measures 3,785 mm in length, 1,635 mm in width, 1,485 mm of height and sit on a wheelbase of 2,450 mm.
Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, has recently announced the termination of its deal with Hover. The company will now market its brand in India on its own. Currently the auto maker has 117 dealerships across India and is eying to increase it to 350 in the next three years.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?