Datsun 'Go' Hatchback Bookings Open in India; Price And Delivery Details
By greeshma m | February 17, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Datsun Go Hatchback Bookings Open In India
Nissan, which revived the Datsun brand after almost three decades, will be selling its budget cars under this brand. Datsun Go, the Nissan's first budget offering, had made its appearance at the recently concluded Delhi auto Expo in all its four colours. The company, which started the production of Datsun Go at the Renault-Nissan alliance plant at Oragadam in Chennai, is expected to start the delivery of the vehicle in March.
When launched, Nissan's Datsun Go will take on the likes of India's best selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Alto K10 and the Hyundai Eon. Priced in the sub ₹4 lakh range in the domestic market, "Go" hatchback will come with 1.2-litre petrol engine under the hood which can churn out a power of 74bhp and a torque of 104Nm. It is mated to five-speed manual transmission and the car is based on the Nissan's Micra platform and claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6 kmpl. It measures 3,785 mm in length, 1,635 mm in width, 1,485 mm of height and sit on a wheelbase of 2,450 mm.
Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, has recently announced the termination of its deal with Hover. The company will now market its brand in India on its own. Currently the auto maker has 117 dealerships across India and is eying to increase it to 350 in the next three years.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report