Box Office: 'Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal', 'Veeram', 'Jilla' and Other Tamil Films' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 5:46 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Jilla", "Veeram", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal", "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum" and "Goli Soda" at the Chennai box office.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (Twitter/ Udhay Stalin)
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal [Also Read: "Jilla", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal Collections in Overseas Markets]
Udhayanidhi Stalin's "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" has taken a fantastic opening at the Chennai box office. The romantic comedy entertainer has reportedly earned over ₹1 crore in its first weekend.
According to Behindwoods website, the Udhay-Nayanthara starrer took a solid opening in Chennai and raked in an estimated gross of ₹1.15 crore.
The average theatre occupancy for the film in the debut weekend was around 85 percent. The film had a solo big release worldwide, which has worked in its favour. While the opening weekend has been good for the Prabhakaran directorial, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares during the weekdays.
Vijay-Mohanlal's "Jilla" is a big hit in Chennai with the film minting ₹5.65 crore at the end of the sixth weekend. Despite several new releases, many theatre complexes in Chennai have continued to screen the action-packed entertainer.
"Jilla" is fast-approaching its 50th day in theatres.
Ajith's "Veeram" has also performed well at the box office, despite facing huge competition from "Jilla." The action entertainer has earned ₹6.12 crore at the Chennai box office, surpassing "Jilla" collections.
The film is still being screened in theatres even in its sixth week. Like "Jilla", "Veeram" is also fast nearing the 50th day in theatres.
The collections of Vijay Sethupathi's "Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum" have dropped in the second week owing to new releases.
The film was received well in the opening week, thanks to its content, but it has witnessed significant decline in its collections in the past few days. The Vijay Sethupathi starrer has earned over ₹1.36 crore in 10 days at the Chennai box office.
Vijay Milton directorial "Goli Soda" has turned out to be a super hit film, thanks to its content and the performances of the main cast that impressed the audience.
"Goli Soda", which released on 24 January, has earned ₹1.44 crore at the end of the fourth weekend. The film is still doing solid business and is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health