Box Office: 'Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal', 'Veeram', 'Jilla' and Other Tamil Films' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 5:46 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Jilla", "Veeram", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal", "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum" and "Goli Soda" at the Chennai box office.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (Twitter/ Udhay Stalin)
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal [Also Read: "Jilla", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal Collections in Overseas Markets]
Udhayanidhi Stalin's "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" has taken a fantastic opening at the Chennai box office. The romantic comedy entertainer has reportedly earned over ₹1 crore in its first weekend.
According to Behindwoods website, the Udhay-Nayanthara starrer took a solid opening in Chennai and raked in an estimated gross of ₹1.15 crore.
The average theatre occupancy for the film in the debut weekend was around 85 percent. The film had a solo big release worldwide, which has worked in its favour. While the opening weekend has been good for the Prabhakaran directorial, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares during the weekdays.
Vijay-Mohanlal's "Jilla" is a big hit in Chennai with the film minting ₹5.65 crore at the end of the sixth weekend. Despite several new releases, many theatre complexes in Chennai have continued to screen the action-packed entertainer.
"Jilla" is fast-approaching its 50th day in theatres.
Ajith's "Veeram" has also performed well at the box office, despite facing huge competition from "Jilla." The action entertainer has earned ₹6.12 crore at the Chennai box office, surpassing "Jilla" collections.
The film is still being screened in theatres even in its sixth week. Like "Jilla", "Veeram" is also fast nearing the 50th day in theatres.
The collections of Vijay Sethupathi's "Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum" have dropped in the second week owing to new releases.
The film was received well in the opening week, thanks to its content, but it has witnessed significant decline in its collections in the past few days. The Vijay Sethupathi starrer has earned over ₹1.36 crore in 10 days at the Chennai box office.
Vijay Milton directorial "Goli Soda" has turned out to be a super hit film, thanks to its content and the performances of the main cast that impressed the audience.
"Goli Soda", which released on 24 January, has earned ₹1.44 crore at the end of the fourth weekend. The film is still doing solid business and is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM