Box Office: 'Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal', 'Veeram', 'Jilla' and Other Tamil Films' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 5:46 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Jilla", "Veeram", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal", "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum" and "Goli Soda" at the Chennai box office.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (Twitter/ Udhay Stalin)
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal [Also Read: "Jilla", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal Collections in Overseas Markets]
Udhayanidhi Stalin's "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" has taken a fantastic opening at the Chennai box office. The romantic comedy entertainer has reportedly earned over ₹1 crore in its first weekend.
According to Behindwoods website, the Udhay-Nayanthara starrer took a solid opening in Chennai and raked in an estimated gross of ₹1.15 crore.
The average theatre occupancy for the film in the debut weekend was around 85 percent. The film had a solo big release worldwide, which has worked in its favour. While the opening weekend has been good for the Prabhakaran directorial, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares during the weekdays.
Vijay-Mohanlal's "Jilla" is a big hit in Chennai with the film minting ₹5.65 crore at the end of the sixth weekend. Despite several new releases, many theatre complexes in Chennai have continued to screen the action-packed entertainer.
"Jilla" is fast-approaching its 50th day in theatres.
Ajith's "Veeram" has also performed well at the box office, despite facing huge competition from "Jilla." The action entertainer has earned ₹6.12 crore at the Chennai box office, surpassing "Jilla" collections.
The film is still being screened in theatres even in its sixth week. Like "Jilla", "Veeram" is also fast nearing the 50th day in theatres.
The collections of Vijay Sethupathi's "Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum" have dropped in the second week owing to new releases.
The film was received well in the opening week, thanks to its content, but it has witnessed significant decline in its collections in the past few days. The Vijay Sethupathi starrer has earned over ₹1.36 crore in 10 days at the Chennai box office.
Vijay Milton directorial "Goli Soda" has turned out to be a super hit film, thanks to its content and the performances of the main cast that impressed the audience.
"Goli Soda", which released on 24 January, has earned ₹1.44 crore at the end of the fourth weekend. The film is still doing solid business and is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?