Box Office: 'Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal', 'Veeram', 'Jilla' and Other Tamil Films' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 5:46 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Jilla", "Veeram", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal", "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum" and "Goli Soda" at the Chennai box office.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (Twitter/ Udhay Stalin)
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal [Also Read: "Jilla", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal Collections in Overseas Markets]
Udhayanidhi Stalin's "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" has taken a fantastic opening at the Chennai box office. The romantic comedy entertainer has reportedly earned over ₹1 crore in its first weekend.
According to Behindwoods website, the Udhay-Nayanthara starrer took a solid opening in Chennai and raked in an estimated gross of ₹1.15 crore.
The average theatre occupancy for the film in the debut weekend was around 85 percent. The film had a solo big release worldwide, which has worked in its favour. While the opening weekend has been good for the Prabhakaran directorial, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares during the weekdays.
Vijay-Mohanlal's "Jilla" is a big hit in Chennai with the film minting ₹5.65 crore at the end of the sixth weekend. Despite several new releases, many theatre complexes in Chennai have continued to screen the action-packed entertainer.
"Jilla" is fast-approaching its 50th day in theatres.
Ajith's "Veeram" has also performed well at the box office, despite facing huge competition from "Jilla." The action entertainer has earned ₹6.12 crore at the Chennai box office, surpassing "Jilla" collections.
The film is still being screened in theatres even in its sixth week. Like "Jilla", "Veeram" is also fast nearing the 50th day in theatres.
The collections of Vijay Sethupathi's "Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum" have dropped in the second week owing to new releases.
The film was received well in the opening week, thanks to its content, but it has witnessed significant decline in its collections in the past few days. The Vijay Sethupathi starrer has earned over ₹1.36 crore in 10 days at the Chennai box office.
Vijay Milton directorial "Goli Soda" has turned out to be a super hit film, thanks to its content and the performances of the main cast that impressed the audience.
"Goli Soda", which released on 24 January, has earned ₹1.44 crore at the end of the fourth weekend. The film is still doing solid business and is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert