Box Office: 'Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal', 'Veeram', 'Jilla' and Other Tamil Films' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 5:46 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Jilla", "Veeram", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal", "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum" and "Goli Soda" at the Chennai box office.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (Twitter/ Udhay Stalin)
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal [Also Read: "Jilla", Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal Collections in Overseas Markets]
Udhayanidhi Stalin's "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" has taken a fantastic opening at the Chennai box office. The romantic comedy entertainer has reportedly earned over ₹1 crore in its first weekend.
According to Behindwoods website, the Udhay-Nayanthara starrer took a solid opening in Chennai and raked in an estimated gross of ₹1.15 crore.
The average theatre occupancy for the film in the debut weekend was around 85 percent. The film had a solo big release worldwide, which has worked in its favour. While the opening weekend has been good for the Prabhakaran directorial, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares during the weekdays.
Vijay-Mohanlal's "Jilla" is a big hit in Chennai with the film minting ₹5.65 crore at the end of the sixth weekend. Despite several new releases, many theatre complexes in Chennai have continued to screen the action-packed entertainer.
"Jilla" is fast-approaching its 50th day in theatres.
Ajith's "Veeram" has also performed well at the box office, despite facing huge competition from "Jilla." The action entertainer has earned ₹6.12 crore at the Chennai box office, surpassing "Jilla" collections.
The film is still being screened in theatres even in its sixth week. Like "Jilla", "Veeram" is also fast nearing the 50th day in theatres.
The collections of Vijay Sethupathi's "Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum" have dropped in the second week owing to new releases.
The film was received well in the opening week, thanks to its content, but it has witnessed significant decline in its collections in the past few days. The Vijay Sethupathi starrer has earned over ₹1.36 crore in 10 days at the Chennai box office.
Vijay Milton directorial "Goli Soda" has turned out to be a super hit film, thanks to its content and the performances of the main cast that impressed the audience.
"Goli Soda", which released on 24 January, has earned ₹1.44 crore at the end of the fourth weekend. The film is still doing solid business and is completing its 25-day theatrical run today (17 February).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28