Sochi 2014: Canadian Bobsleigher Christopher Spring Wardrobe Malfunction, Uniform Is Just a Little Tight and Won’t Fit
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 17, 2014 5:11 PM EST
It isn't one of those unintentional exposures of a private body part, but an Olympian suffered from a similar funny wardrobe malfunction when his belly was exposed because his Sochi 2014 uniform was just a little too tight for him.
Canadian bobsleigher 29-year-old Christopher Spring endured a belly-slip wardrobe malfunction when he tried on his Sochi 2014 race suit on Saturday.
Indeed, most of the athletes participating at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics wear some really tight clothes and Spring may be only one of those who struggled to get into his uniform. Russia's Olga Graf, who won a bronze medal in the women's 3000m speed skating, had accidentally unzipped her body-hugging uniform completely, unaware that she has nothing underneath. Sweden's Henrik Harlaut, who finished sixth in men's final of the freestyle skiing event, had another wardrobe malfunction when his pants fell down during his first run.
Spring is originally from Australia. He started competing for the Bobsleigh event in 2008. The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics is Spring's second Olympics participation. He first competed at the 2010 Winter Olympics where he represented Australia. He finished 22nd in the two-man event back then. He starting competing for Canada in 2010 and had participated on the Americas Cup Circuit.
According to Yahoo Sports, this is the first time that Spring has participated in the Olympics representing Canada, and how Spring ended up representing Canada was quite a story. A few years back, Spring was in Canada and he became fascinated with the Canadian Bobsleigh Championships. He became Canada's second-best two-man team after achieving his Canadian citizenship.
Fortunately, Spring and his team managed to get his uniform trouble sorted out before he competed on Sunday. He finished eighth at 1:53:43. Spring will compete in bobsleigh two-man on Monday and then on bobsleigh four-man events on Feb. 22 and 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- Derrick Rose Is Lying About His Health Says ESPN Analyst Stephen A. Smith
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More