Sochi 2014: Canadian Bobsleigher Christopher Spring Wardrobe Malfunction, Uniform Is Just a Little Tight and Won’t Fit
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 17, 2014 5:11 PM EST
It isn't one of those unintentional exposures of a private body part, but an Olympian suffered from a similar funny wardrobe malfunction when his belly was exposed because his Sochi 2014 uniform was just a little too tight for him.
Canadian bobsleigher 29-year-old Christopher Spring endured a belly-slip wardrobe malfunction when he tried on his Sochi 2014 race suit on Saturday.
Indeed, most of the athletes participating at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics wear some really tight clothes and Spring may be only one of those who struggled to get into his uniform. Russia's Olga Graf, who won a bronze medal in the women's 3000m speed skating, had accidentally unzipped her body-hugging uniform completely, unaware that she has nothing underneath. Sweden's Henrik Harlaut, who finished sixth in men's final of the freestyle skiing event, had another wardrobe malfunction when his pants fell down during his first run.
Spring is originally from Australia. He started competing for the Bobsleigh event in 2008. The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics is Spring's second Olympics participation. He first competed at the 2010 Winter Olympics where he represented Australia. He finished 22nd in the two-man event back then. He starting competing for Canada in 2010 and had participated on the Americas Cup Circuit.
According to Yahoo Sports, this is the first time that Spring has participated in the Olympics representing Canada, and how Spring ended up representing Canada was quite a story. A few years back, Spring was in Canada and he became fascinated with the Canadian Bobsleigh Championships. He became Canada's second-best two-man team after achieving his Canadian citizenship.
Fortunately, Spring and his team managed to get his uniform trouble sorted out before he competed on Sunday. He finished eighth at 1:53:43. Spring will compete in bobsleigh two-man on Monday and then on bobsleigh four-man events on Feb. 22 and 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans