Sochi 2014: Canadian Bobsleigher Christopher Spring Wardrobe Malfunction, Uniform Is Just a Little Tight and Won’t Fit
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 17, 2014 5:11 PM EST
It isn't one of those unintentional exposures of a private body part, but an Olympian suffered from a similar funny wardrobe malfunction when his belly was exposed because his Sochi 2014 uniform was just a little too tight for him.
Canadian bobsleigher 29-year-old Christopher Spring endured a belly-slip wardrobe malfunction when he tried on his Sochi 2014 race suit on Saturday.
Indeed, most of the athletes participating at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics wear some really tight clothes and Spring may be only one of those who struggled to get into his uniform. Russia's Olga Graf, who won a bronze medal in the women's 3000m speed skating, had accidentally unzipped her body-hugging uniform completely, unaware that she has nothing underneath. Sweden's Henrik Harlaut, who finished sixth in men's final of the freestyle skiing event, had another wardrobe malfunction when his pants fell down during his first run.
Spring is originally from Australia. He started competing for the Bobsleigh event in 2008. The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics is Spring's second Olympics participation. He first competed at the 2010 Winter Olympics where he represented Australia. He finished 22nd in the two-man event back then. He starting competing for Canada in 2010 and had participated on the Americas Cup Circuit.
According to Yahoo Sports, this is the first time that Spring has participated in the Olympics representing Canada, and how Spring ended up representing Canada was quite a story. A few years back, Spring was in Canada and he became fascinated with the Canadian Bobsleigh Championships. He became Canada's second-best two-man team after achieving his Canadian citizenship.
Fortunately, Spring and his team managed to get his uniform trouble sorted out before he competed on Sunday. He finished eighth at 1:53:43. Spring will compete in bobsleigh two-man on Monday and then on bobsleigh four-man events on Feb. 22 and 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6