Sochi 2014: Canadian Bobsleigher Christopher Spring Wardrobe Malfunction, Uniform Is Just a Little Tight and Won’t Fit
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 17, 2014 5:11 PM EST
It isn't one of those unintentional exposures of a private body part, but an Olympian suffered from a similar funny wardrobe malfunction when his belly was exposed because his Sochi 2014 uniform was just a little too tight for him.
Canadian bobsleigher 29-year-old Christopher Spring endured a belly-slip wardrobe malfunction when he tried on his Sochi 2014 race suit on Saturday.
Indeed, most of the athletes participating at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics wear some really tight clothes and Spring may be only one of those who struggled to get into his uniform. Russia's Olga Graf, who won a bronze medal in the women's 3000m speed skating, had accidentally unzipped her body-hugging uniform completely, unaware that she has nothing underneath. Sweden's Henrik Harlaut, who finished sixth in men's final of the freestyle skiing event, had another wardrobe malfunction when his pants fell down during his first run.
Spring is originally from Australia. He started competing for the Bobsleigh event in 2008. The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics is Spring's second Olympics participation. He first competed at the 2010 Winter Olympics where he represented Australia. He finished 22nd in the two-man event back then. He starting competing for Canada in 2010 and had participated on the Americas Cup Circuit.
According to Yahoo Sports, this is the first time that Spring has participated in the Olympics representing Canada, and how Spring ended up representing Canada was quite a story. A few years back, Spring was in Canada and he became fascinated with the Canadian Bobsleigh Championships. He became Canada's second-best two-man team after achieving his Canadian citizenship.
Fortunately, Spring and his team managed to get his uniform trouble sorted out before he competed on Sunday. He finished eighth at 1:53:43. Spring will compete in bobsleigh two-man on Monday and then on bobsleigh four-man events on Feb. 22 and 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools