Sochi 2014: Canadian Bobsleigher Christopher Spring Wardrobe Malfunction, Uniform Is Just a Little Tight and Won’t Fit
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 17, 2014 5:11 PM EST
It isn't one of those unintentional exposures of a private body part, but an Olympian suffered from a similar funny wardrobe malfunction when his belly was exposed because his Sochi 2014 uniform was just a little too tight for him.
Canadian bobsleigher 29-year-old Christopher Spring endured a belly-slip wardrobe malfunction when he tried on his Sochi 2014 race suit on Saturday.
Indeed, most of the athletes participating at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics wear some really tight clothes and Spring may be only one of those who struggled to get into his uniform. Russia's Olga Graf, who won a bronze medal in the women's 3000m speed skating, had accidentally unzipped her body-hugging uniform completely, unaware that she has nothing underneath. Sweden's Henrik Harlaut, who finished sixth in men's final of the freestyle skiing event, had another wardrobe malfunction when his pants fell down during his first run.
Spring is originally from Australia. He started competing for the Bobsleigh event in 2008. The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics is Spring's second Olympics participation. He first competed at the 2010 Winter Olympics where he represented Australia. He finished 22nd in the two-man event back then. He starting competing for Canada in 2010 and had participated on the Americas Cup Circuit.
According to Yahoo Sports, this is the first time that Spring has participated in the Olympics representing Canada, and how Spring ended up representing Canada was quite a story. A few years back, Spring was in Canada and he became fascinated with the Canadian Bobsleigh Championships. He became Canada's second-best two-man team after achieving his Canadian citizenship.
Fortunately, Spring and his team managed to get his uniform trouble sorted out before he competed on Sunday. He finished eighth at 1:53:43. Spring will compete in bobsleigh two-man on Monday and then on bobsleigh four-man events on Feb. 22 and 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date