Pornsite Accepts Bitcoin; USD Used Unlawfully More Than Bitcoin
By Athena Yenko | February 17, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Russia: A pornsite in Russia known as Iknowthatgirl.com is now accepting Bitcoin for payment. The site is owned by Marvin company which is popular around the globe for being the largest producer of adult contents.
Marvin also owns Brazzers.com, Realitykings.com, Mofos.com and Pornhub com which is being visited by up to 20mln online users daily.
With this, many members of the site are now using Bitcoins and the company is looking into the possibility of accepting Bitcoins with the other web sites they own.
The announcement from Marvin company coincided with the Valentine's day which had been an effective advertisement for the sites.
With many pornsites eventually accepting Bitcoin, the virtual currency is predicted to bounce back immediately after its drop due to the widely reported hackers attack.
It was to be remembered that when another popular pornsite Porn.com announced that its accepting Bitcoin, the virtual currency sales grew by a quarter in just a matter of months with shares of Bitcoin increasing up to ten per cent.
Meanwhile, with the questions of legality surrounding the virtual currency, Chair of Bitcoin Foundation, Brian Klein, said that the US dollar is used for more unlawful transactions than Bitcoin or any other currency.
"I think probably the U.S. dollar is used for more criminal activity than any type of currency in the world.", Mr Klein told The Voice of Russia.
Mr Klein said that that on the average market price for Bitcoin in terms of U.S. dollars is around six to seven dollars.
"I think that puts the total value of all the Bitcoins in circulation somewhere between 7-10 billion dollars. So, it is still a very small currency compared to other currencies. I mean the total number of U.S. dollars in circulations got to be billions upon billions or even a trillion. I don't know. So, Bitcoin has gotten a lot of attention because of the rapid escalation in the value of it versus currencies like the dollar and Euro and ruble in the last year and a half. But overall, it is still a very small player in the currency world. It just happens to be new and innovative and viewed by a lot of people as transformative but it still globally speaking, and economically speaking a very small part of the world's currency basket."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Russia Demands Ukraine Release Communications With Doomed Malaysia Airlines MH17, Preliminary Report On Investigations Out This Month
- Ebola Update: Liberian Forces Receive Shoot Orders Against People Trying to Cross from Sierra Leone Border
- Historic First Time: Catholic Pontiff Pope Francis Supports Military Intervention Against ISIS In Iraq
- Chinese Airlines Receives Lawsuit for Rejecting HIV-Positive Passengers
- Travel Alert: Canada Issues Warning Against Chikungunya Disease in Caribbean
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015