Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Comeback Film: P.Vasu's Directorial or Mani Ratnam's Next?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Buzz surrounding Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's come-back film has been doing the rounds post the birth of her daughter Aaradhya. [Also Read: "Aishwarya Rai's PR clarifies on P.Vasu's Film"]
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
In the past couple of months, speculations about her new film have gained momentum, with certain reports suggesting that the actress has signed one film or the other. Recently, reports emerged that Aishwarya has committed to work in Mani Ratnam's film, which will have Telugu superstars Mahesh Babu and Nagarjuna in lead roles.
Now, latest buzz is that the actress will be working in director P.Vasu's new film. The "Chandramukhi" director has announced a Tamil-Telugu bilingual film with Aishwarya Rai in the lead role. Vasu recently met Aishwarya and gave a narration of his script. The gorgeous actress was reportedly impressed with the narration, but has not confirmed to do the project.
"I gave Aishwarya a narration of the concept - Aishwaryavum Aayiram Kaakakkalum - for almost two hours. The role of the leading lady is that of a kalari fighter. She liked the story, but has not confirmed this project, and will allot dates once we finalize the hero. She also suggested we do the film as a Tamil-Telugu bilingual as this concept will not work in Bollywood," The Times of India quoted Vasu.
The film will reportedly have two top actors as leading heroes. Aishwarya will be undergoing special stunt training, as she will have several action sequences to perform.
The film will have all the key elements such as comedy, emotion, sentiment and animatronics combined with visual effects. It will be shot in exotic locations in North India and some of the portions will reportedly be shot in Cambodia. K.Ramesh of Global One Studios will reportedly be producing the film.
However, there is no confirmation from Aishwarya in this regard. Similarly, the actress has also not confirmed the film with Mani Ratnam.
It is not clear as to which film would mark Aishwarya's comeback - Mani Ratnam's film or the P Vasu directorial.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal