Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Comeback Film: P.Vasu's Directorial or Mani Ratnam's Next?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Buzz surrounding Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's come-back film has been doing the rounds post the birth of her daughter Aaradhya. [Also Read: "Aishwarya Rai's PR clarifies on P.Vasu's Film"]
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
In the past couple of months, speculations about her new film have gained momentum, with certain reports suggesting that the actress has signed one film or the other. Recently, reports emerged that Aishwarya has committed to work in Mani Ratnam's film, which will have Telugu superstars Mahesh Babu and Nagarjuna in lead roles.
Now, latest buzz is that the actress will be working in director P.Vasu's new film. The "Chandramukhi" director has announced a Tamil-Telugu bilingual film with Aishwarya Rai in the lead role. Vasu recently met Aishwarya and gave a narration of his script. The gorgeous actress was reportedly impressed with the narration, but has not confirmed to do the project.
"I gave Aishwarya a narration of the concept - Aishwaryavum Aayiram Kaakakkalum - for almost two hours. The role of the leading lady is that of a kalari fighter. She liked the story, but has not confirmed this project, and will allot dates once we finalize the hero. She also suggested we do the film as a Tamil-Telugu bilingual as this concept will not work in Bollywood," The Times of India quoted Vasu.
The film will reportedly have two top actors as leading heroes. Aishwarya will be undergoing special stunt training, as she will have several action sequences to perform.
The film will have all the key elements such as comedy, emotion, sentiment and animatronics combined with visual effects. It will be shot in exotic locations in North India and some of the portions will reportedly be shot in Cambodia. K.Ramesh of Global One Studios will reportedly be producing the film.
However, there is no confirmation from Aishwarya in this regard. Similarly, the actress has also not confirmed the film with Mani Ratnam.
It is not clear as to which film would mark Aishwarya's comeback - Mani Ratnam's film or the P Vasu directorial.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar