Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Comeback Film: P.Vasu's Directorial or Mani Ratnam's Next?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Buzz surrounding Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's come-back film has been doing the rounds post the birth of her daughter Aaradhya. [Also Read: "Aishwarya Rai's PR clarifies on P.Vasu's Film"]
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
In the past couple of months, speculations about her new film have gained momentum, with certain reports suggesting that the actress has signed one film or the other. Recently, reports emerged that Aishwarya has committed to work in Mani Ratnam's film, which will have Telugu superstars Mahesh Babu and Nagarjuna in lead roles.
Now, latest buzz is that the actress will be working in director P.Vasu's new film. The "Chandramukhi" director has announced a Tamil-Telugu bilingual film with Aishwarya Rai in the lead role. Vasu recently met Aishwarya and gave a narration of his script. The gorgeous actress was reportedly impressed with the narration, but has not confirmed to do the project.
"I gave Aishwarya a narration of the concept - Aishwaryavum Aayiram Kaakakkalum - for almost two hours. The role of the leading lady is that of a kalari fighter. She liked the story, but has not confirmed this project, and will allot dates once we finalize the hero. She also suggested we do the film as a Tamil-Telugu bilingual as this concept will not work in Bollywood," The Times of India quoted Vasu.
The film will reportedly have two top actors as leading heroes. Aishwarya will be undergoing special stunt training, as she will have several action sequences to perform.
The film will have all the key elements such as comedy, emotion, sentiment and animatronics combined with visual effects. It will be shot in exotic locations in North India and some of the portions will reportedly be shot in Cambodia. K.Ramesh of Global One Studios will reportedly be producing the film.
However, there is no confirmation from Aishwarya in this regard. Similarly, the actress has also not confirmed the film with Mani Ratnam.
It is not clear as to which film would mark Aishwarya's comeback - Mani Ratnam's film or the P Vasu directorial.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0