Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Comeback Film: P.Vasu's Directorial or Mani Ratnam's Next?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 17, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Buzz surrounding Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's come-back film has been doing the rounds post the birth of her daughter Aaradhya. [Also Read: "Aishwarya Rai's PR clarifies on P.Vasu's Film"]
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
In the past couple of months, speculations about her new film have gained momentum, with certain reports suggesting that the actress has signed one film or the other. Recently, reports emerged that Aishwarya has committed to work in Mani Ratnam's film, which will have Telugu superstars Mahesh Babu and Nagarjuna in lead roles.
Now, latest buzz is that the actress will be working in director P.Vasu's new film. The "Chandramukhi" director has announced a Tamil-Telugu bilingual film with Aishwarya Rai in the lead role. Vasu recently met Aishwarya and gave a narration of his script. The gorgeous actress was reportedly impressed with the narration, but has not confirmed to do the project.
"I gave Aishwarya a narration of the concept - Aishwaryavum Aayiram Kaakakkalum - for almost two hours. The role of the leading lady is that of a kalari fighter. She liked the story, but has not confirmed this project, and will allot dates once we finalize the hero. She also suggested we do the film as a Tamil-Telugu bilingual as this concept will not work in Bollywood," The Times of India quoted Vasu.
The film will reportedly have two top actors as leading heroes. Aishwarya will be undergoing special stunt training, as she will have several action sequences to perform.
The film will have all the key elements such as comedy, emotion, sentiment and animatronics combined with visual effects. It will be shot in exotic locations in North India and some of the portions will reportedly be shot in Cambodia. K.Ramesh of Global One Studios will reportedly be producing the film.
However, there is no confirmation from Aishwarya in this regard. Similarly, the actress has also not confirmed the film with Mani Ratnam.
It is not clear as to which film would mark Aishwarya's comeback - Mani Ratnam's film or the P Vasu directorial.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June