Simon Cowell Shares Newborn Son’s Photo; Why did Music Mogul Name Son after his Father?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 17, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Simon Cowell, who became a father for the first time on Valentine’s Day when his girlfriend gave birth to a healthy boy, shared three new pictures of his newborn son on Sunday with his Twitter followers.
Simon Cowell with his girlfriend, Lauren Silverman, and their newborn son, Eric.
In one of the pictures, the baby, named Eric after Cowell’s father, is seen nestling in the arms of the proud father.
“I never knew how much love and pride I would feel,” Simon captioned the picture. “Now you can see how very handsome little Eric is.”
Another photo of Cowell with girlfriend Lauren Silverman and the baby is captioned: “Mum, Dad and Eric. Now two days old.”
Eric’s arrival has exposed Cowell’s pals to another aspect of his personality. On his various reality shows, Cowell comes across as a rude judge, whose sole aim is to rip apart the contestants.
“He is so excited,” Terri Seymour, a journalist who dated Cowell for six years, told the New York Daily News. “It really is a change for him, but he is ready.”
Another friend of Cowell’s told the publication that the 54-year-old has not stopped smiling since the birth of his son. “Simon’s the happiest I have ever seen him,” added the source. “He’s a complete natural and hasn’t stopped smiling.”
Meanwhile, a lot is being said about Cowell’s decision to name his son after his late father, Eric Philip Cowell, who died of a heart attack in 1999. He was 81 at the time.
Eric has been a huge influence on “The X Factor” judge and the Daily Mail noted that the senior Cowell was as popular with the ladies as his son. Eric was married three times and fathered five children, and it is no secret that Cowell adored his father.
It was Eric who helped Cowell get a firm landing in the music industry, and whenever anything good happened, Cowell made sure to call Eric first.
But Eric did not live long to taste Cowell’s success, and by naming his newborn son after his late father, Cowell is giving him a fitting tribute.
“Simon wanted to pay proper tribute to the influence of his late father in his life. Eric Philip is clearly a very proper and respectful tribute to the man,” a source told Metro.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage