Simon Cowell Shares Newborn Son’s Photo; Why did Music Mogul Name Son after his Father?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 17, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Simon Cowell, who became a father for the first time on Valentine’s Day when his girlfriend gave birth to a healthy boy, shared three new pictures of his newborn son on Sunday with his Twitter followers.
Simon Cowell with his girlfriend, Lauren Silverman, and their newborn son, Eric.
In one of the pictures, the baby, named Eric after Cowell’s father, is seen nestling in the arms of the proud father.
“I never knew how much love and pride I would feel,” Simon captioned the picture. “Now you can see how very handsome little Eric is.”
Another photo of Cowell with girlfriend Lauren Silverman and the baby is captioned: “Mum, Dad and Eric. Now two days old.”
Eric’s arrival has exposed Cowell’s pals to another aspect of his personality. On his various reality shows, Cowell comes across as a rude judge, whose sole aim is to rip apart the contestants.
“He is so excited,” Terri Seymour, a journalist who dated Cowell for six years, told the New York Daily News. “It really is a change for him, but he is ready.”
Another friend of Cowell’s told the publication that the 54-year-old has not stopped smiling since the birth of his son. “Simon’s the happiest I have ever seen him,” added the source. “He’s a complete natural and hasn’t stopped smiling.”
Meanwhile, a lot is being said about Cowell’s decision to name his son after his late father, Eric Philip Cowell, who died of a heart attack in 1999. He was 81 at the time.
Eric has been a huge influence on “The X Factor” judge and the Daily Mail noted that the senior Cowell was as popular with the ladies as his son. Eric was married three times and fathered five children, and it is no secret that Cowell adored his father.
It was Eric who helped Cowell get a firm landing in the music industry, and whenever anything good happened, Cowell made sure to call Eric first.
But Eric did not live long to taste Cowell’s success, and by naming his newborn son after his late father, Cowell is giving him a fitting tribute.
“Simon wanted to pay proper tribute to the influence of his late father in his life. Eric Philip is clearly a very proper and respectful tribute to the man,” a source told Metro.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On