1st ODI Where to Watch Live: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 17, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Bangladesh suffered agonisingly close defeat in the two-match T20 series against Sri Lanka; so to make up for those disappointments, the home side will be desperate for some salvation when they face Angelo Mathews and co. in a three-match ODI series, starting with the first one-day international in Dhaka.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 1 pm local time (12.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Bangladesh Television in Bangladesh and Neo Prime in India. The match can be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE, while UK viewers can catch the action live online HERE.
Two last-ball losses would have put some serious dents into the Bangladesh side; however, they can also take solace from the fact that they actually ran Sri Lanka, the No. I ranked side in T20s and a team they have a poor record against, so close.
With Bangladesh having a good recent ODI record at home, Sri Lanka will have to play at their best to ensure they maintain their unbeaten run on this tour.
"We were not consistent in Tests and T20s but in our home conditions, our lineup is capable of beating any team on our day," skipper Mushfiqur Rahim said. "We have played good cricket in the last 18 months so we are confident. But Sri Lanka is a tough side and it will be a hard competition. We are ready for it.
"So far we did lose three matches this year, but were also unlucky not to win two of those. We have plenty of hard cricket ahead in this year. Results-wise, it was disappointing, but we have gradually improved from the first Test. It's just a matter of time."
For Sri Lanka, it will be about improving on the performances from the T20s, where the wins were too close for comfort. With a settled side, the Lankans will look for some much-needed 50-over match practice in Bangladesh conditions ahead of the Asia Cup.
"I think we have to be positive, hang in there through tough periods, just as we had done in the Twenty20s," captain Mathews said. "Each individual has to play their part. I think handling the situation is going to be the key.
"I thought it was a hard-fought couple of wins for us. It wasn't easy at all for us, as I said, they are going to come hard at us. They are going to be very strong in the ODIs and T20s.
"We hope the guys will keep the momentum and go forward in the ODIs. Hopefully the weather stays away and we get a good game in our hands."
Expected lineups: Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Shamsur Rahman, Anamul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Naeem Islam, Shakib Al Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza, Sohag Gazi, Arafat Sunny, Rubel Hossain.
Sri Lanka: Kusal Perera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara, Dinesh Chandimal, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Angelo Mathews (capt), Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Sachithra Senanayake, Lasith Malinga, Ajantha Mendis.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales