1st ODI Where to Watch Live: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 17, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Bangladesh suffered agonisingly close defeat in the two-match T20 series against Sri Lanka; so to make up for those disappointments, the home side will be desperate for some salvation when they face Angelo Mathews and co. in a three-match ODI series, starting with the first one-day international in Dhaka.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 1 pm local time (12.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Bangladesh Television in Bangladesh and Neo Prime in India. The match can be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE, while UK viewers can catch the action live online HERE.
Two last-ball losses would have put some serious dents into the Bangladesh side; however, they can also take solace from the fact that they actually ran Sri Lanka, the No. I ranked side in T20s and a team they have a poor record against, so close.
With Bangladesh having a good recent ODI record at home, Sri Lanka will have to play at their best to ensure they maintain their unbeaten run on this tour.
"We were not consistent in Tests and T20s but in our home conditions, our lineup is capable of beating any team on our day," skipper Mushfiqur Rahim said. "We have played good cricket in the last 18 months so we are confident. But Sri Lanka is a tough side and it will be a hard competition. We are ready for it.
"So far we did lose three matches this year, but were also unlucky not to win two of those. We have plenty of hard cricket ahead in this year. Results-wise, it was disappointing, but we have gradually improved from the first Test. It's just a matter of time."
For Sri Lanka, it will be about improving on the performances from the T20s, where the wins were too close for comfort. With a settled side, the Lankans will look for some much-needed 50-over match practice in Bangladesh conditions ahead of the Asia Cup.
"I think we have to be positive, hang in there through tough periods, just as we had done in the Twenty20s," captain Mathews said. "Each individual has to play their part. I think handling the situation is going to be the key.
"I thought it was a hard-fought couple of wins for us. It wasn't easy at all for us, as I said, they are going to come hard at us. They are going to be very strong in the ODIs and T20s.
"We hope the guys will keep the momentum and go forward in the ODIs. Hopefully the weather stays away and we get a good game in our hands."
Expected lineups: Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Shamsur Rahman, Anamul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Naeem Islam, Shakib Al Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza, Sohag Gazi, Arafat Sunny, Rubel Hossain.
Sri Lanka: Kusal Perera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara, Dinesh Chandimal, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Angelo Mathews (capt), Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Sachithra Senanayake, Lasith Malinga, Ajantha Mendis.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS