1st ODI Where to Watch Live: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 17, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Bangladesh suffered agonisingly close defeat in the two-match T20 series against Sri Lanka; so to make up for those disappointments, the home side will be desperate for some salvation when they face Angelo Mathews and co. in a three-match ODI series, starting with the first one-day international in Dhaka.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 1 pm local time (12.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Bangladesh Television in Bangladesh and Neo Prime in India. The match can be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE, while UK viewers can catch the action live online HERE.
Two last-ball losses would have put some serious dents into the Bangladesh side; however, they can also take solace from the fact that they actually ran Sri Lanka, the No. I ranked side in T20s and a team they have a poor record against, so close.
With Bangladesh having a good recent ODI record at home, Sri Lanka will have to play at their best to ensure they maintain their unbeaten run on this tour.
"We were not consistent in Tests and T20s but in our home conditions, our lineup is capable of beating any team on our day," skipper Mushfiqur Rahim said. "We have played good cricket in the last 18 months so we are confident. But Sri Lanka is a tough side and it will be a hard competition. We are ready for it.
"So far we did lose three matches this year, but were also unlucky not to win two of those. We have plenty of hard cricket ahead in this year. Results-wise, it was disappointing, but we have gradually improved from the first Test. It's just a matter of time."
For Sri Lanka, it will be about improving on the performances from the T20s, where the wins were too close for comfort. With a settled side, the Lankans will look for some much-needed 50-over match practice in Bangladesh conditions ahead of the Asia Cup.
"I think we have to be positive, hang in there through tough periods, just as we had done in the Twenty20s," captain Mathews said. "Each individual has to play their part. I think handling the situation is going to be the key.
"I thought it was a hard-fought couple of wins for us. It wasn't easy at all for us, as I said, they are going to come hard at us. They are going to be very strong in the ODIs and T20s.
"We hope the guys will keep the momentum and go forward in the ODIs. Hopefully the weather stays away and we get a good game in our hands."
Expected lineups: Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Shamsur Rahman, Anamul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Naeem Islam, Shakib Al Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza, Sohag Gazi, Arafat Sunny, Rubel Hossain.
Sri Lanka: Kusal Perera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara, Dinesh Chandimal, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Angelo Mathews (capt), Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Sachithra Senanayake, Lasith Malinga, Ajantha Mendis.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?