Bharti to Buy Loop Mobile in $113 Million Deal - Reports
February 17, 2014 3:15 PM EST
From June 28 onwards, free Wi-Fi available for passengers commuting in Easy Cabs
The deal will be on a slump sale basis, the paper said, quoting sources involved in the deal, and Bharti will get Loop's 3 million subscribers, about 400 telecom towers and optic fibre and electronic equipment on which Loop's network currently runs, the Economic Times said.
The deal will make Bharti the largest telecoms operator in the Mumbai circle with about 7 million subscribers, ahead of rival Vodafone's (VOD.L) Indian unit.
A Bharti spokesman declined to comment. Loop did not have an immediate comment.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes