Bharti to Buy Loop Mobile in $113 Million Deal - Reports
February 17, 2014 3:15 PM EST
From June 28 onwards, free Wi-Fi available for passengers commuting in Easy Cabs
The deal will be on a slump sale basis, the paper said, quoting sources involved in the deal, and Bharti will get Loop's 3 million subscribers, about 400 telecom towers and optic fibre and electronic equipment on which Loop's network currently runs, the Economic Times said.
The deal will make Bharti the largest telecoms operator in the Mumbai circle with about 7 million subscribers, ahead of rival Vodafone's (VOD.L) Indian unit.
A Bharti spokesman declined to comment. Loop did not have an immediate comment.
Join the Conversation
- If ‘Selfie’ Was The Word Of The Year In 2013, Selfie Stick Is Top Christmas Gift In 2014
- Australian Economy ‘Out Of Luck’ And 40 Percent Chance Of Recession Says Gerard Minack--Report
- Putin Blames Russian Central Bank For Rouble Decline, Admits Lack Of Plan To Fix Economy
- Cure Against Ebola May Already Be Found In 53 Existing Drugs – Researchers
- Russian Prime Minister Meets Exporting Companies To Find Solutions To Falling Ruble